Monday 23 November 2020

Just before the storm!

In the yard, a rodent tunnel. A dead mole.

 Sunday morning, looking out the front window: friends! Three male turkeys; three deer, Momma, male and female yearlings. Amazing, JB said, how well herbivores can get along!


The feathers are just lovely! The one in the background has had a wonky leg for awhile.

I had to go out and get gas for the snowblower. Our friends were still here. The doe went left, later in the video, the yearling ran across my path, the doe was looking for the other yearling. 

frontyard from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


In the forest, a turkey. I think this trailcam is giving up the ghost. There have been lags in the videos. Also, it's not showing the correct temperatures.

In the dark: a skunk! It looked more interested in grubs than the pumpkin. skunk from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We had our storm. The precipitation looked a bit wonky. I think it must be errors with the radar. 


I prepared by starting the snowblower. It took 3 tries, and I let it run until I finished sweeping leaves out of the garage. (JB was shopping, and the car was out.) Once I fetched more gas, I have to go and get my reading glasses to figure out how much of this to put in. It stabilises the gas if it isn't used up immediately. I wonder how much snow we'll get this year!



JB nipped out to Smiths Falls to get me a new timer for our lights. The ad worked!


Snow didn't begin until 2 p.m. It's really wet this morning, and it's heavy to shovel. sigh. It's above 0. Off I go! Winter, bring it on!

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Enjoy the snow! Love all the critters, except for the dead mole.
The turkeys are my favorite. Take care, enjoy your day!
Have a great new week!

Olga said...

It must be fun to look out your window and be able to watch a parade.

Tom said...

...the snow looks nice, but I'm prepared to wait a bit longer.

RedPat said...

It is too early for snow! Ours is melting now.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your first few photographs and critters, and then the white in your last one!
Brrr stay warm.

All the best Jan

Karen said...

Mr M has been overwhelmed with calls for service on snow blowers today. Nine out of ten issues are bad carbs from rotten gas. Make sure you use NonEthanol high test gas. He tells his clients to get it at a Shell.

Handmade in Israel said...

Not sure about the dead mole but nice to see the wildlife outside.

William Kendall said...

The turkey walks around like he owns the joint.