Sunday 18 August 2019

Ms. Maintenance Project

I get a thing in my mind, and it seems good to go! Rideau Environmental Action League (R.E.A.L.) sells water barrels in Smiths Falls. 


The downspout was a bit of a wreck. They just cut a flap, and screwed the spout to it. I'd repaired it a few years ago. It wasn't in the best condition. I did some research, and found a connector. JB took the info to the store and got it, after a grumpy hardware sales clerk was called. She didn't seem happy to help a customer with a $1.39 piece. Poor JB!


I neglected to do enough thinking. There is a reason there are elbows, enabling you to secure the downspout to the wall.


After the storm passed (see below), I realized the water barrel wasn't totally flat. Back to square one. I shall have to dig out a patio stone from beside the shed and place it on that.

 

Back to ...
We had some rain. There was a possible tornado south of Lake Simcoe, lots of thunder and lightning. That gave us 9 mm rain, which we welcomed.



Here are some images from further west.

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

This is like our place. Sue is the handy one.

DUTA said...

Nice water barrel!

Nancy J said...

The work still looks mighty good to me,as I hate ladders now. That water will be a bonus in a hot summer.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
that's okay, this is how we learn! We have been getting blattered, too; though it seems to be only around the Dunoon area - everywhere else is getting sunshine, they tell me. sigh... YAM xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Well, I think you've done well :)

All the best Jan

Karen said...

Apparently we had a thunderstorm here yesterday, but I slept through it. (Nap time)

Red said...

Sometimes I wonder if rain barrels are worth it. They are a pain to set up and maintain. they have to be kept clean.

Christine said...

It was so hot today over 30C

Out To Pasture said...

Guess what my farmhouse has in the basement, Jennifer. -- it's a big old fashioned cement cistern which collects rainwater and easily supplies all of my washing, showering, flushing and garden's water needs. A relic from the days of old and rare these days as they would no longer be allowed in current building codes I'm pretty sure.

William Kendall said...

I'd be out of my depth trying anything in terms of maintenance!