Saturday 17 August 2019

Who goes there?

This is the action around the house. I selected the very best image, if you don't want to bother with the video itself.

There are three bucks who hang out together. Thursday morning  I went to the meadow to fetch the SC cards, and two deer took off, again! They visited all week. The cameras are in two places. One is up beside the driveway. In the video, below, you can see trailcam #1. Then, across the grass, there is a path down to the meadow.

I like to see who visits in the dark!
porcupine from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

3 bucks from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
3 more bucks from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
buck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Down in the meadow.
coyote, moth, raccoon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.



The turkeys have been amazing. I haven't seen them in a long time. Mommas have been taking care of the chicks. We took one to the wildlife rescue people. [LOOK FOR THE HELPERS!]

They were up top, then moved down into the meadow.

wild turkeys 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
wild turkeys 2 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

You never know what triggers them. I often look to see if they are followed, but not in this case!
The meadow from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
I noticed that there were some weeds setting off the trailcam. JB kindly went down to cut them for me!

The meadow 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
For more critters:

Saturday's Critters #296

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn,

I always enjoy seeing the deer. Great capture of the porcupine, I have never seen one in the wild. Love the videos and critter post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend! PS, thank so much for your visit and comment.

Cath said...

I would love to get a trail cameras to capture wild life.

Linda said...

The trail cam is a great idea, capturing lots of action.

Christine said...

wow, there is a lot going on!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These really are fun to watch on this rainy afternoon. I saw a Porcupine YEARS ago! He scared me on a hike! lol Enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

The porcupine is a surprise.

Anvilcloud said...

I had lemonade at the Mill if that’s any help to JB should you want to go.

Red said...

You are finding the usual suspects but you always wait for some big surprise.

Lowcarb team member said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :)

All the best Jan

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This was awesome. Great viewing of the wild things.