Wednesday 28 August 2019

Gananoque trip: Breakfast to home Part 4

This is day 2 of our anniversary trip. We had breakfast in the dining room. It's quite the resort for golfers. There was a male team in salmon pink golf shirts, several from Quebec. A couple were on their laptops.


We went back to our room and read watching the water. JB thought he'd go for a walk. I hung out.
Beside the parkway is a walking/biking path.


They had upgraded us, since we'd been promised a first floor, and we ended up facing the water.

I like the street names! Horse Thief Bay Rd., Rock Haven Lane. The days of rum runners and cigarette boats are gone.


As we drove, we could see the US across the St. Lawrence River.



Tug boats and barge!


Then, there are the places on islands, big and small.


This is a drive-by shooting through the driver's side passenger window! I love the rock cut.


Brockville


Can you tell it is the end of summer?



You know I like to look up homes for sale. This one is fit for a princess, with a tower, wine cellar, waterfront. (P.S. The property taxes are $16,127 in 2019!)

165 King Street East, Brockville (only $2.1 million!)

Three floors, 6 bedrooms & 6 bathrooms; including 2 ensuites. 

6 comments:

Karen said...

I happily drive around Brockville just looking at all the old architecture. The Tall Ships are there again this weekend. I wish we could go.
I wonder how those tiny rock island cabins get their water and sewage sorted???

Yamini MacLean said...

hari Om
some wonderful views and homes - then back to the bed of your choosing! YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

I spent my first two years of life in Gananoque. Apparently. As a teenager, I spent one night as my mother visited an old friend.

Nancy J said...

We could all live in that mansion, almost a castle, and that huge room with a solid flood, perfect for a quilting studio. So glad that the room was upgraded, and water views round and about on the drive, love them all.Who fed the cats while you were away?

William Kendall said...

Some of those island homes are at the mercy of spring high waters.

Jenn Jilks said...

We were only gone one night, Jean! They were left with ample food, though. :-)

I know, William. I cannot imagine.