Sunday 25 August 2019

Happy anniversary to us! Part 1

JB had arranged for us to go to a resort for a night. I began preparations. I wanted to vacuum, but Hooper was right there. I figured there might be some fur flying when we are away. JB tried to do it when I was out, but there was a difficulty!
Aug. 22, 2002

I went for a relaxing pedicure to get in the mood for vacation. My foot is still acting up, and the massage was wonderful.


JB phoned the resort we chose, and asked for, a main floor room. They only had one free on the night before our anniversary, which was Thursday. We took it. We would be driving an hour to get there. Check in is 4 p.m., checkout 11 a.m. – not much time there. About $30/ hour?! JB phoned the night before to ask about an early check in. He found we'd been put on the 2nd floor. They said they'd change it. (I've done something to my knee, although my foot is better!)
We were staying overnight at the Glen House resort. 
Off we went. We anticipated rain in Gananoque, and the skies showed some action.


As always, crazy people in a hurry.


The hay is being harvested.


The geese are gathering on the St. Lawrence preparing for  migration.


Sadly, our room wasn't ready. We went off to have lunch at the Smuggler's Cove golf course, just across the highway. This is part of the resort. The view of the St. Lawrence was lovely. It was pretty basic bar food, however.


I forgot to bring my zoom lens, but the videocamera does a nice zoom.


Rock cut for rock girl!


They do not serve lunch at the resort itself Monday to Thursday. There was a bus tour having lunch in the main dining area. This is why we had to go across the road for lunch. They were crazy people. Some sort of group mentality, they didn't have to get out of the way of our car. They were important.
I SO wanted to honk the horn!
Resort parking from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


They told us to come back for 2:30 to see if the room was ready. It was not. We went for a drive along highway 2, beside the water. More on that later!

17 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations, but this does not seem like the best of beginnings.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
CONGRATS - and commiserations... it could only get better. Couldn't it??? (I know, I can hear you from here!) YAM xx

Phil Slade said...

I hope things improve for you both. One out of ten so far. The one is for allowing you to take photos.

Christine said...

What a lovely and deserved getaway!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Certainly a great part of the province you chose for your getaway, but it appears to have started off with a few glitches. I will look forward to the next installment.

Anni said...

I LOVE the photo of the happy couple at the beginning! Look forward to more.

Nancy J said...

Maybe you should have parked and blocked off one of their cars!!! How rude, it happens down here too, and I hope after all that wait the room was up to expectations. Happy Anniversary.XXX

Bill said...

Congrats on your anniversary. I just had my 39th on the 23rd. I hope you ended up have an enjoyable time. Nice pics.
Have a wonderful rest of the day!

DUTA said...

I like your photo from 2002. JB is not changed much. You were slimmer then, and looked very beautiful. Judging by your last pictures in your blog, you're heading again to your slim days.
Anyway, congratulations on your anniversary!

NatureFootstep said...

congrats to the anniversary :)

I hope you finally got the rooms :)

Red said...

Oh oh! This turning out not to be fun.

Kathy G said...

Happy Anniversary to you!

Irma said...

Happy Birthday.
I hope the rest of the time goes better for you.
Best regards, Irma

eileeninmd said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the photos and a great getaway. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

looks like a gorgeous day. those puffy clouds. what fun!! ( ;
have a super great week. thank you for your visit.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many congratulations on your anniversary.
Lovely to see the photographs.
I do hope you ended up having a good stay.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Happy Anniversary!

It looks like the weather was pleasant.