Thursday 29 August 2019

I have a confession! Gramma Camp 5.0

I lied to my daughter. Yes, I did. There was a reason. I still feel badly...


As I've written, it was her 40th birthday Friday, Aug. 16th. We knew her husband would be politicking, going door-to-door as he runs for election. I said, "Why don't you come here with the girls? We'll have a party!"
They've been helping Papa with campaign chores!
We popped over on the holiday Monday (Aug. 5th) on the day we took the injured turkey chick into Ottawa. We chatted in Caitlin's driveway. Caitlin mentioned that she'd see us in a week and a half. I asked JL if he had a surprise party planned, actually joking. SIL JL got that deer-in-the-headlights look. Whoops.

I forgot about it.

The girls and I had written and published another railway museum book, we took photos when we visited, and I phoned them to let them know the book had arrived. JL was driving them to day camp. He phoned me when he got to work and explained that he had a surprise party planned on the Saturday night.
I donated one of our books to the Railway Museum volunteers!
JL and I spoke again, and came up with a plan. I would phone Caitlin Friday morning at work, and wish her happy birthday, then tell her I was feeling a bit of flu and that they couldn't come to the house the next day. What we decided was we could have our birthday party with Caitlin on the Monday, Aug. 26th, the girls come back for Gramma Camp 5.0.

We've had some fun birthdays!


One year it was a 'fruit cake!!!!'

Friday, Aug. 16th morning, JL woke the girls up early and put out 40 flamingoes!

On Friday night, they all rode their bikes to the sushi place near their house and then to Shakespeare in the park. They had a nice birthday dinner there.





Gramma Camp 5.0

Finally, Momma was given the book. Caitlin brought the girls for their next visit with us. We had lunch, I made a crazy cake. We'll have a smashing week.


7 comments:

Aritha V. said...

So great to read. I love the 40 flamingo's. Sweet idea.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wonderful images of you and your grands! They are all cuties. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead!

Anvilcloud said...

The book is a great idea, and the whole thing seemed to go well.

Karen said...

Congratulations !! On aLl fronts

William Kendall said...

A good deception, though!

Red said...

Congratulations on the book.

Sue (this n that) said...

aw that's so sweet - 40 flamingos!
Love all the fun birthday cakes... that's really creative.
The book would be a great achievement and combined effort - well done :D)
Love the photos of Gramma Camp, it looks like a fantastic time.