Friday 24 May 2019

Frog pond frenzy

It's been busy at the pond. In the first photo, check out the upper right corner. That's gotta be one of the females leaving the nest box, which was just to the left of the camera. I have to figure out if I can capture the moment when the babies leave the nest. I've tried before, but the trailcams simply aren't quick enough for the little ducklings.





We have had a female merganser.


For the second night in a row, the raccoons try to get into the wood duck box. You wonder... the poor female wood duck,

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Look at all of those wood ducks.

Christine said...

Adventures in the night!

I am showing your grosbeak at PPF today https://cmlk79.blogspot.com/2019/05/paint-party-friday-jenns-grosbeak.html

Karen said...

Look at all that waterfowl! What a treat!

Rain said...

Beautiful photos! So much activity, I love visiting to see what your trailcam catches!

RedPat said...

It looks like you have defeated the raccoons for now!

William Kendall said...

Your shot of the geese spreading their wings is my favourite of the set.

Red said...

I hope the raccoons don't get to the nest.

Kay said...

What fun to see all the beauty of nature so close to you. Raccoons can be so persistent. I remember that problem in Illinois.