Wednesday 22 May 2019

Trailcam tales

The grounds crew was here. I've read fellow rural bloggers whose spring plants are disappearing! We've had our first hosta attack. The stuff in front should be as tall as the stuff in the background... They left me the violets, though.


Two hawks circled as we worked on the water fountain the other day.
Hawks from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Then, there are the amazing wood ducks...



In anticipation of the wood ducks leaving the nest, I've been playing around with the camera settings. I am hopeful that I've found it. You can see the duck heading back to her box. Maybe it isn't HER box?! The ducks have laid extra eggs in there. This happens if they cannot find another nesting site.



This is why I put up metal baffles! Watch the wood duck in the nesting box) watch the raccoons! Don't blink. You can see the eyes of the duck, peeking out of the box. Then the raccoon trying to get up to the box.

Night at the pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The geese continue to like my dock.


Hooper likes my fixed up bird bath. It leaks if I fill it too full.


He likes the railing, too! I was resting, with my foot up. He is entertaining.


The farm critters are out.


I was happy to buy some asparagus from down the road! First of the year. Yay, SPRING!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i had to laugh at your cat shots ... that is too too funny. i watch this garden lady on YouTube ...her cat is always in the shots ...i guess the cat needs some attention ...wants to be famous?? too cute!! hope u r well. ( ;

William Kendall said...

I've only seen a wood duck once here in the city. I assume they just prefer rural settings.

Powell River Books said...

Hooper is a fun guy to have around. Your wood ducks are a treat to watch. - Margy

Anvilcloud said...

I wish something would come and eat my violets.