Thursday 2 May 2019

Outdoor chores

OK, this was an indoor chore, trying to hang this on the wall. It was a gift for JB at Easter. I have to use a small chain, and an old cat collar to hang it. It was tricky.


This was indoors, as well. I killed my first mosquito of the season, in the house.
Speaking of mosquitoes... larvae are in the pond. In the frog pond they are having a flipping good time!
Mosquito larvae from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I convinced hubby to bring home some pansies. Yes, it is cold, but they will tolerate it.

The goldfish pond is bubbling. It's a bit too cold to put the goldfish in, I think.


I brought the table and chairs up on the deck, from the shed.


This is funny. I managed to push the tractor from the shed, up to the garage and charge the battery enough to get it to start.

I put it away, hoping. Monday, I raked the leaves under the deck and off the garden and mulched them with the tractor. I'd put a tarp, originally protecting the wood, on the ground to dry. I stopped the tractor to move it out of my way. I've run over them before!
Sadly, it wouldn't start. It didn't have enough juice. I gave up. I'll have to wait until I have a bigger job to do.


Out went the decor.


I put out the new birdbath pump. It has lights.


The orchid cactus is still blooming.


9 comments:

DUTA said...

Lovely ornament! It looks good on that brick wall.

Nancy J said...

Batteries die in cold weather. Is it too heavy or can you disconnect it and bring inside for the winter. Even on Hugh's quad bike, the battery goes down if it isn't started regularly. Love the story of everything achieved, a pump with lights, bit like " Friends with benefits" !!!!XXX

Christine said...

oh no mosquitoes! I forgot.

Gill - That British Woman said...

well that sucks about the mozzies are out!!

Red said...

You're getting lots of spring activity done.

William Kendall said...

Perhaps a week or two for the goldfish.

Powell River Books said...

I used my pansies last year as mulch in some of my pots. Over the winter a lot sprouted. I'm just hoping they have survived while we've been gone. The end of April was very dry. - Margy

Anvilcloud said...

I should get some pansies. It's been so cold that I have resisted, but I see that it may reach 20 in a few days.

Kay said...

I really hate mosquitoes. I get an awful reaction from them. Your orchid cactus looks a little like my Christmas cactus which is no long blooming, I'm afraid.