Thursday 9 May 2019

On the road again

Wednesday, we made a grand jaunt to check out the cemetery. An annual pilgrimage by JB.
Another family was on its way somewhere. It looked so good seeing them with helmets, and in the spring weather. Notice the buds on the trees!



I love this property. It's not large, and has been for sale for $9000. A great spot for a boat.


This is a public boat launch right beside it. This was a drive-by shooting, and you can see there were a pair of mergansers in the water.

Smiths Falls – I might just sketch this one! Cool turrets. It's a United Church at the moment.


This is a sight for sore eyes. Open water. I noticed them working on the dock.


The area is marked by large farms.


There were a lot of crews out working on this fine day.


Farm country!


Hubby grew up here in Chesterville.


It's an old town.


This is where the Chesterville Family Reunion was held! Three Chambers married three Kellys. It's a big family.


I love the sculpture.


Isn't this amazing?
Wowing with wheat
Artist and wood carver Josh Dagg of Aylmer, Qc. stands with his latest artwork in Chesterville at River Edge Farms, owned by David Chambers. The wheat stocks stand about 16 feet at its highest point. 


This just makes my back feel sore! We usually get our wood in August, when the ground is solid and dry, and the phoebe has stopped nesting in the shed.

You know it is spring when they purge the hydrants.


Yes, I just repaired my birdbath. This is where I bought it. I'm not sure I shouldn't have just bought a new one. We shall see. I didn't realize we'd be going here so soon. I think I spent about 2/3 the price of a new one to repair it. sigh.


This was a church, it is now a home.


A new build in Merrickville


At this point it was only about 8 C.


6 comments:

DUTA said...

The little picture with the three solar panels caught my eye, but no caption or explanation to it.
Solar energy is no great matter in a sunny country, but seeing these panels in Canada, it makes one curious.

Nancy J said...

Huge grain silos, and open spaces, a beautiful drive, and I was so happy to go along all the way. The best of all story tellers, when the reader feels they are right there.

William Kendall said...

That's quite a drive for you to make! Wonderful shots.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely collection of photographs here, so nice to see such blue sky and buds on the trees :)

All the best Jan

Jenn Jilks said...

Duta: it's quite common to see private property with solar panels. I have no information on the panels. I just thought it interesting as they were almost bigger than the house. It was, you see, a drive-by shooting!

Anvilcloud said...

Nice trip with pleasant photos.