Friday 28 June 2024

OPP, Lyme Disease, Bank Fraud, ๐Ÿญ

Thanks for your well wishes. Joe Brian is on Doxycycline for a month. He is sleeping a little better, his sweats and chills aren't waking him up. He is napping and resting. I'm ordering groceries online these days!

When we went into town Tuesday, June 25th, to get JB's Lyme Disease diagnosis, we noticed something going on in town. I counted two ambulances, a fire truck, tow truck, and several OPP cars, lights flashing.

Perth incident from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Online, I found out what happened! TEN collisions, both deer and tourists are on the move! School is out, and it is a long weekend in Canada. 
“One car in the lane accelerated in reverse causing a crash,” the release states, causing two vehicles to sustain enough damage that they had to be towed from the scene."

๐Ÿ‘ฎ  ๐Ÿš“   ๐Ÿš” ๐Ÿ‘ฎ  ๐Ÿš“   ๐Ÿš” ๐Ÿ‘ฎ  ๐Ÿš“   ๐Ÿš” ๐Ÿ‘ฎ  ๐Ÿš“   ๐Ÿš”

I came in from working on my fish tank. I managed to work on it some, then decided to tip it over. That was easier, in a way. I have a new method of attack! (I'm not confident...๐Ÿ˜œ)


The Amaryllis is looking good. The hummingbirds like the Goldfish Plant beside it. Those sweet little orange blossoms...
 

๐Ÿญ Sitting in the living room I heard a deer mouse squeaking. Seriously! Looking down the hall I could see Nutmeg. The sound was coming from Nutmeg's mouth. I went to see her and she ran downstairs, releasing Mousie again. It was behind the DVD dresser. I ran the fish net under neath and the mouse ran behind the elliptical machine. I gave up. Nutmeg was on it.

Back upstairs to get dressed for my bank appointment, I heard something in the hall. She'd brought her mouse back upstairs and dropped it in the foyer, under the net. Grabbing the net, I caught it and released it outside.


๐Ÿ’ฐThere is good news/bad news about our fraud incident. While they said they will reimburse us, after the fraud department called us, they froze our old accounts. Nothing in or out. I had to go into town to close my old account and create a new one. JB still isn't healthy enough to go tripping into town, our joint accounts will have to wait until next week. 

๐Ÿ•ทToday's major project is to go in to the Vet and get anti-tick goop for the cats. They are due for a new dose. We woke to 7 ℃, with a shock. I shall bundle up!

I hope we have a quiet long weekend! ๐Ÿ€


14 comments:

DrumMajor said...

LOVE that goldfish plant. Glad hubby's feeling a tad better. Just don't mix up the cat's flea meds with his meds! Nutmeg is well trained to drop that mouse by the net, and so humane to not kill it! Linda in Kansas

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh the mousie fun! Sorry the fraud case is still causing you "time and effort to repair and not of your making!" Glad you weren't in any of the 10 accidents...that's pretty crazy! Good luck on fish tank clean and repair!

Karen said...

I found a very dead, and somewhat desicated, baby mouse in the litter box this morning.
It was 5C when I got up to the bathroom at 4AM!! I'm worried about the tomatoes and cucumbers that are setting fruit. I wonder if these cold nights will cause drop?

Anvilcloud said...

I guess this would be a good time to stick close to home.

tz_garden said...

Nutmeg! That made me laugh. Your amaryllis is so gorgeous.
I hope you are unfrozen soon, glad you are getting your money back!!!

Nancy J said...

Jenn, you are managing all these crisis events with magnificence !!!A mouse, I cannot be near one, and as for a rat, I would be sick !!!Bank fraud is so nasty, I always wonder what is in their minds to do this.

RedPat said...

That is a sweet little mouse. I hope that JB has a good weekend and that the meds start really working by next week.

Elephant's Child said...

I hope your long weekend is quiet and blissful. Glad you could finally save and release that poor mousie.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You Canadians are kind of wild!!

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry to know about Joe Brian’s lyme disease diagnosis. Good to know the meds are helping. Ordering groceries online is the way to go at such times. Scary to have so many accidents. I always worry when we end up following a motorcycle and am always glad when we go in different directions. We are hearing about more and more motorcycle accidents lately. As for your fish tank, it that method works, go for it. Your Amaryllis and Goldfish Plants look gorgeous, even better if the hummingbirds think so too. Nutmeg is a good mouse catcher! Such a cute little mouse and so glad you were able to release it. I remember our kitty bringing such prizes home with him. I am very sorry that your fraud incident is ongoing, especially as it causes so much extra work to get things back to normal. 7 deg. C? What a shock after all the hot weather. Wishing you a happy and uneventful weekend, with hopefully warmer weather but not too warm.

DeniseinVA said...

I forgot to mention your header photo! It's gorgeous!

Jeanie said...

Well, it's a pain, the fraud stuff, but at least you will be reimbursed. I hope JB will be good to go next week, that all the meds kick in and you can get the bank stuff settled. I drive to the lake tomorrow -- the beginning of July 4 week. I'm not looking forward to it!

Red said...

With all you've got going on , you won't have a quiet weekend. Here it will be same old, same old.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad he's some better.

It's a shame fraud punishes the victims more than the perpetrators ๐Ÿ˜ก

Putting the mouse back outside was a charitable act. Next time kitty should do a more thorough job...