Saturday 15 June 2024

Saturday's Critters

 It is a blessing to be enjoying the season. Sitting on the back deck is lovely. No bugs, just critters wandering around. 

Down on the lawn is another story. 

The forest is as bad. Still, I put on bug spray and went down to wrestle trailcam memory cards. The crooked camera is a sign of bears!


Muskrat has been building some sort of shelter under the dock!

Booboo bear inspected it. 

Out front, the deer fence is doing its job. I am very pleased with it. This is the second year. I have clematis and allium blooming. The lilies are growing tall, unlike some years when Clover trimmed them for me. Last year I wrapped it around the garden. This year I just put it on the far side. That makes weeding easier. Although I am getting lazy about weeding.

 

doe June 11 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The crow came to visit. I'm not sure why. Fred is so tired, laying down on the deck.

 

The crow visits Fred from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Near as I can figure it was just before midnight, June 9, 2024.

bear June 9 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We haven't had bear problems in a couple of years. The bears have been good and stay down by the frog pond, usually. They are fascinated with trailcams. People often post videos of bears attacking them. It really is funny, if expensive. So far so good here since one just bent the camera support. 

 

bear from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Saturday's Critters # 548 <= for more critters from around the world.

9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

Bears and crows both seem curious. I hear stories about how crows can be quite interactive. I'm glad the deer fence helps.

RedPat said...

You have such a variety of creatures at your place.

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm amazed the bears come so close!

Anvilcloud said...

That's fun about bears and cameras, at least since I don't have to maintain one.

Elephant's Child said...

Your critters delight me. Weeding is never finished - or not here.

Aritha V. said...

Thank you for your blog. I enjoyed it so much.

Red said...

Very fresh and green there as you've had lots of rain.

DrumMajor said...

I'm getting scared for you being so close to where bears are trotting! Maybe you should carry bear attack spray with you when you venture out into your woods! Linda in Kansas

Val Ewing said...

I haven't seen any bears for a year or so around here. But that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

You have so much wildlife going on!