Friday 21 June 2024

Fred, Phoebe, Eastern Comma, froggies

Big storm on Thursday, more on that another day. It looks like another storm today. We shall see. It's not quite so hot. This is a good thing. 

 I captured an image of Fred. They popped their head out at 9:04, then ducked back in when the tractor went by. She looks pregnant, but may have fooled me. I just don't know! I was so hoping to see the little ones. 

June 18th Phoebe finished laying the latest brood. 





The Eastern Comma butterfly, laying eggs on the Hops Vine, best watch out! I was watching her, and managed a photo of the egg. This will take practice, the photos, I mean. 




Apparently, she's been laying eggs for awhile. I found this little caterpillar. It's the first one. Mind you, it could be an Easter Question Mark, they like the vine for egg laying, as well. I am having trouble taking her photo. 
 

The frog pond is thriving. The frogs are thriving. I could hear bull frogs in the middle of the pond. Also, there are a lot of leopard frogs in the grass. Eat those bugs, froggies!

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I like the cute frogs!
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for sharing some elements in the cycle of life! It's always surprising me.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I guess it's a bit late for whelping now... But you never know! YAM xx

Jeanie said...

Fred is looking good and so is the frog. I've never heard of Eastern comma before. How fun to see new Phoebes!

tz_garden said...

Love all the frogs, even the croaking is nice.

RedPat said...

Fred does look rather chubby. Maybe there will be young ones yet.

Red said...

I wish we had frogs here. A virus knocked most of them out. I did hear some frogs this spring but not many. .

Cloudia said...

Frogs are thriving and you take wonderful care of their habitat! Thank you for sharing. Aloha!

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for the bug eaters. And Freds.

Anvilcloud said...

Many critters with more to come tomorrow.

Nancy J said...

I didn't know that a frog could be so colourful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your frog pond is doing very well.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

Great photo of Fred. The phoebe found the perfect nest site. I wish I knew of a way to have frogs here, but alas there's not really a way on our urban townhouse patio. We depend on our local parks for our frog and turtle fix.