Thursday 24 June 2021

Fun in the yard!

 It's good to be in the land of the living. A slight headache Tuesday afternoon, and not Wednesday. I can tolerate food, and I'm just sleepy. So, if I feel sleepy, I sleep! Thank you so much for your well-wishes. I should have stuck to the BRAT diet longer, but hindsight... and the smell of food doesn't make me gag anymore.

⚽JB has been following the world soccer on TSN. We were cheering for Scotland, Yam. We were so disappointed. It's a relaxing game for uninvolved spectators. We can laugh at the fake injuries, such drama queens! Big tough men who crumble after a mere nudge. Shake it off! Fewer injuries, compared to other sports, mind you. That's a good thing. 

It's a lovely game. My kids played, and JB's stepson played back in Alberta. We're familiar with the rules. We've watched our fair share in person. 

Caitlin played in adulthood (June 8, 2017 On the road, again: soccer game; 2010: Soccer mom again), but not recently. We went to one of the games and, just for fun, I brought oranges to the young ladies. They giggled, these 30-somethings. They thanked me gratefully! I remember what to yell, "Stop clumping!" "Challenge!" "Go, reds!"

The good old days!


We took care of Isabelle in 2010, and that was much fun. It was tricky sitting on the ground, but I shook it off! Grampa can't get up and down from the ground. He did his fair share of walking with Iz that day. (2010)

The girls are done school for the year. Yippee! Their report cards are brilliant. There were a few bumps, but  they got the hang of virtual learning, and our routines were the key.

Soon, next week, Ontario will open up. People are getting their vaccines. JB is monitoring statistics, both my husbands were accountants, and he tells me 75% of eligible adults, and 26 % of those have had both doses. We are moving in the right direction. Cases are down, We've only 3 cases in our health unit, and this is promising.


It is a busy yard, still. The first brood of robins began May 20th. They fledged June 17th! 

As you can read, one egg did not hatch. They have been coming and going from the nest, we are back to four eggs. I am assuming one of these is the dud. This shot is from another year!


The Crows 🐦 are still coming and going, as well. The vultures fly overhead, as does the kestrel. With the pine trees losing precious needles, maybe I can spot the nest! 


                                

I moved the trailcams just prior to being sick, and found some videos. Funnily enough, Cinnamon decided this piece of dirt was a good place to do his business. I sped up the first section to shorten the vid, he's not that fast a worker. Next, Nutmeg comes to inspect his work. She approved, I 'spose. She is the alpha. Then, at 3 a.m., Oregano, our winter visitor. I say winter, but I just haven't had the camera up here, so I don't know how often he's visiting. cats  

 


Killer, as she is known, brought a chipmunk up on the deck. We distracted her, and it ran away. It wasn't her first. Nutmeg chipmunk  

  

Thanks, Yam, for suggesting Dr. Blake. We enjoyed it! 

9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I have no time for the round-ball game at all...Rugby is my thing. I took note of the results so that my soccer-mad mate Aitch can think I have paid attention. I am following Tennis and Cricket over the summer (and the O's as and when they might appear).

So glad you are properly on the mend now - and I knew you'd like Blake! YAM xx

Linda said...

Good to hear you are much better. Our grandkids finished virtual school too, great work by both. Onwards and upwards for all.

Tom said...

...I'm glad that you are on the mend.

Jeanie said...

It all looks good and happy. I love the idea of following the robins. How fun to see them fledge!

RedPat said...

I'm glad you are almost back to your old self!

Christine said...

glad you are on the mend.

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you're feeling better!

William Kendall said...

I will probably never get soccer.

Anvilcloud said...

Soccer and hockey players are such opposites. A hockey player loses a tooth, skates t the bench, and coms out for the next shift.