Sunday 6 June 2021

Sunday chores!

In fact, I've been working on these projects all week. I cleaned and painted the base of the globe bird feeder. I even figured out how to put it back together. I'm so proud of myself! I didn't swear but once, I dropped a nut! I had to balance it on the tip of my finger and slide it in under. 

The squirrel will be happy, although the feeders are down for the season! 

Repainting included painting the dolly. Sadly, I picked it up where I'd painted it! I laughed and laughed.


Cherry Tomato planter

I transplanted my cherry tomato plant into a larger container. It's heavy as sin, and I hope it stays up there! 


You may recall the day Butch pulled a feeder right off the rafters. That was a year ago, in June: Houston, we have a problem. Scott came over with a pal, and screwed it all back in. 

Hops vine

The hops vine is getting taller. The first two photos: May 27; then the 30th; the next June 2nd, then two from June 4th. I've tied it up, and it is climbing to the roof! Unfortunately, they have been gathering quite a collection of LDD caterpillars. I've a container of water and I plop them in.



The LDD caterpillars are still doing their thing in the front of the house. This is the top of my wee spruce.

I toddled down to the new little aspen forest. I haven't been mowing there, and they are growing quite nicely, except for the LDD caterpillars.



Quite a difference in sizes, depending upon the instar.


JB does his daily walks... 



6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You are a worker bee. Enjoy the heat today and for the next few.

Gaelyn said...

How did the squirrel get in there? You've such a lovely yard habitat. Except for the LDD caterpillars.

Nancy J said...

Looking at your meadow, the days are a lot warmer, you can both go out without all that cold weather gear, and the grass will surely need mowing soon.

William Kendall said...

A lot of work to be done.

DeniseinVA said...

You have such a lovely area for wildlife and I always enjoy your posts :)

Tom said...

...you always have something to keep yourself busy with.