Thursday 17 June 2021

I am a wreck!

 I went to the hospital ER Wednesday at 7:30. They didn't let JB in. I sent him home. He did chores and got some groceries while I languished. (He's been wonderful, nursing me.) I couldn't sit in the chair in the ER, I'd asked to lie down, and I was assured it wouldn't be too long. I decided to lay down on the floor in the potential COVID waiting room in the hall, far from the actual waiting room. I put my head on my purse. 

A nurse came by and covered me with a warm blanket. Then she came back with a wheelchair. She didn't want me on the floor. I could barely hold my head up. I was having cold sweats, then hot sweats, and a horrid headache. They put me in a back hallway in the ER, and it was amazing to lie down!

The doctor checked me out. He decided to draw blood for tests, and put in a drip for pain. It was delicious. I haven't eaten much since Tuesday, afterward that meal I threw up. They didn't find anything. My white count is good. I wondered if it was a reaction to my 2nd vaccine, but he said I wouldn't get reactions from Moderna like this. They waited for the blood results, and there was nothing. I phoned JB to pick me up.

The first thing I did was have a shower. It felt wonderful. Then I konked out in bed, again. Today, we'll phone our doctor and see if I can get a Lyme Disease test. 

I slept from 10 p.m. last night, until 3:20 this morning. It was such a relief. Otherwise I've been napping. I sat in the easy chair for a change of venue, I realized I hadn't done litter since Sunday. It was awful, but what I expected.

While I was downstairs, I thought I'd check on the robins. The cats have been indoor for a couple of weeks, now. JB calls it their spa. At least there are two of them. Soon, the birds will fledge, and the parents will probably feed them a bit, so they are still vulnerable in the forest. Isn't this a hoot? It doesn't fit in the nest.


The Lymantria dispar dispar (LDD) moth caterpillars are still doing their thing. People on Otty Lake have had them three years. They are displaying a familiar inverted V-shape, which means they have been killed by a virus. They say it happens normally during the 2nd year of an outbreak. Who said viruses were all bad?!


I need to do laundry, as I'm running out of jammies. Also, the goldfish pond pump needs a clean. It shall have to wait. Thank you for your kind wishes. I am just fried.

16 comments:

Kathy G said...

Sending wishes for a quick recovery.

Gaelyn said...

Sorry to hear this and hope you feel better soon.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Both my sisters had very strong reactions to their second shots (both different ones I think)...lasting about four days; and what you describe is very much similar to my reaction to the first flu shots many years back which resulted in doctors advising me not to take such vaccinations as I clearly have excessive responses almost equalling the disease... which is why I am not having any COVID jag. Take all the rest you need. YAM xx

William Kendall said...

That would wipe you out. I hope you have answers soon.

Tom said...

...I'm sorry to hear your news, take care!

Rain said...

Oh Jenn...I'm so sorry you are suffering!! I hope you don't have Lyme Disease, gosh. Keep us updated!

RedPat said...

I was concerned when you didn't post yesterday! I hope you are feeling better.

DUTA said...

Feel well soon! You just work too hard around the house. Slow down a bit, and pay attention to sleeping the 7-8 hours.

Kay said...

Good grief, Jenn! That is darn awful! What a terrible time you went through at the ER. And you still don't know what caused it all? I haven't heard of a reaction like that to the vaccine.

Red said...

I don't think my usual advice will help. I always told the rooky teachers to take a deep breath and lower their voice by an octave!!! I hope you soon get things reaired.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Oh wow. Sorry about getting so sick. How terrible and then not be able to lay down. Hopefully they will find something (easily curable!!)

I worry about lyme disease a lot more than I used to. The ticks here now are very tiny and I find them rather than feel them like before.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn,
I must have missed something, did they find out what was wrong with you.
I hope you are well. Take care!
Have a happy day and great weekend!

Out To Pasture said...

Sure hope the cause of your illness is found and that you get well soon, Jennifer! Sounds like an awful ordeal!

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, sorry about that, and I am not discounting a reaction from the shot. I will have to see if you have posted an update. I had my second yesterday and am doing fine, knock on wood.

Christine said...

Please keep us posted.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry to read this, sending my good wishes and hoping you feel better soon.

All the best Jan