Tuesday 15 June 2021

Monday!

That was a day! Doing my regular routine, I read the news, although it isn't like the old days... I loved newspapers!

Feb., 2012!

It's not too exciting a life. I checked the trailcams in the morning, and there wasn't much going on. I did some reading on the back deck, then washed the kitchen and bathroom floors. That felt good. I refrained from doing the floors just before the kids came, as that takes the pressure off! I don't worry about spills.

We had our vaccines last week, last Wednesday, I hadn't been feeling well Monday. Reading on the lower back deck, I lay out on the bench swing, and read about the KKK in Canada. Seriously. I was achy all over, including a headache, took some Advil and hoped for the best. It was a horrid night, too. JB brought me more Advil at 4:20 a.m. Let's see what I'm like today. 

JB has had a cough. It's been worrisome. I phoned Friday, and he had a COVID–19 test Sunday. The results came online, he's negative. This is a good thing. We think it's allergies. The pollen has been terrible.

We had a massive rain storm, thunder and lightning!  During this time, we had 21+ mm and it was wonderful. It just POURED!


The rains moved in and moved out. Glorious rain!!!!

June 14 rain from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I lay down at 2 p.m. and slept, tucked into my bed, until 3:45. I was cold, despite the heat wave. I seldom have naps. JB nuked me a quick frozen dinner. I took a couple of Advil, and used his Dr. Ho on my neck. 

We still have our robin family under the deck. The cats have been confined to barracks to protect the birds. Here are my baby robins from 2007! They nested on the eavestrough pipe in Bala.


The water fountain has been busy. I noticed a goldfinch bathing, while the hummingbird zipped around finding a drink. I was too tired to fetch a camera, so you'll have to trust me! Here is a bird who loves to bathe!


We went to the beach last week, but Jos thought it a tad cold! I thought I'd fill the kiddie pool, but there is a hole. I put it on the middle deck (plan B), but there was a lot of caterpillar poo in it. Back to plan A.


I emptied it, and will wash it, get a patching kit, and put it on the bottom deck. 



I just wanted to save these photos here. The LDD damage is horrid.

The Aspen Grove: June 6th



June 12th

The poor trees!

13 comments:

William Kendall said...

The favoured spot at the house where I grew up was out the back door for nests. There was a clothesline mounted above the stairs out to a post in the back yard. Birds often would start building a nest on top of the mounting against the wall. So for a few weeks in the spring we would just leave via the front door.

Tom said...

...be aware of RSV! https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/index.html

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

RedPat said...

I hope you feel better.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It is just NOT going to reach temps to tempt me into water of any depth, let me tell you. Your rain matches ours - though I appreciate it is more required your way. I am back in my winter jumper and knee blanket. Scottish summers suck. YAM xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos. I hope you have a great day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Olga said...

This seems to be a bad year for leaf eating caterpillars and pollen. I am trying to convince myself that bad or annoying things help us appreciate the good things in life.

The Furry Gnome said...

I always enjoy your life stories, seem at least interesting, if not exciting at times. Life is pretty dull here.

Anvilcloud said...

Sorry about your reaction. Let's see how I do after tomorrow.

Gaelyn said...

Lucky you to get some rain. Sorry to hear your were sick.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Sleep is always a good thing when you aren't . I used to love reading the paper but it is almost a lost art now ? LOL .. That is cute with the kids in the pool, good for you patching it up !
I'm sorry about those poor trees .. yuck ! We had glorious rain here in Kingston too .. after being so darn dry, we really needed it.
Who knows what kind of weather this season will have, cross our fingers and hope for the best I guess.

Angie said...

Jenn - we are fortunate in our family not to have allergies, because the pine trees around here are FULL of pollen. I can see pollen blowing on the wind ... I hope you feel better soon - my son and I also had strong reactions to the second shot for 24 hours afterwards. We have many aspens here, and I need to study more about them - we have "healthy" trees right next to ones that are full of brown leaves ...

Kay said...

What? You have KKK in Canada too? I thought it was exclusively a nasty U.S. thing.