Tuesday 22 September 2020

Fall continues to creep over us

First, COVID–19 report for Ontario. It's bad. It was below 100 cases a day, then schools started up. The Catholic schools were first, and they are reporting cases in several schools. Also, the first elementary school was closed in Barrhaven (Ottawa). People of colour make up 66% of Ottawa's COVID–19 cases.

Sept. 21

Ontario is reporting 425 cases of #COVID19 as more than 31,700 tests were completed. Locally, there are 175 new cases in Toronto with 84 in Peel and 60 in Ottawa. 67% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40.

New cases in Quebec: 586. 



Things are cooling off. I've put up some more decorations. The petunias haven't been hit by the frost, yet. We've had some in the yard. 
Josephine collected me some pine cones for Peter. 

The frogs are still about. 
Cinnamon still hasn't fallen in. He's not very good (thankfully) at catching frogs.
This week I have to clean and shut down the fountain.
I spotted a red-eyed vireo in the garden. I am glad I left the goldenrod up, as well as the other wildflowers.

More mushrooms! This one is still hanging in.

Cinnamon went high!
This is the 'point' and it used to be a quite wet wetland. The cattails have grown over.
My poor potato vine... it's a bit droopy. We've had frost, and my pumpkin plant is done for. I have one pumpkin.

 BTW

I went and walked the road, where the Car incident took place. There was a spent flare and a used one-use mask. I shall go back out and pick that, and the glass up. Otherwise, when I go ditch diving in spring I may encounter glass.

12 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
UGH.. the next great litter problem = discarded one-use masks. Have encountered quite a few when walking round our block, as they are compulsory for bus travel then folk just dump them. Beyond disgusting behaviour... YAM xx

Karen said...

I love fall. Until the dark days of November when I long for *S*. You know what I'm talking about.
The killer frost wiped out everything here. If my back loosens up this afternoon I'm going to go outdoors and try to do more clean up, and maybe fill the bird feeders.
We are hoping the cases in Renfrew Co. will disappear once this outbreak in the high school is cleared up. We were doing so well until someone slipped up.

DUTA said...

Nothing competes with Fall colors and decorations!
As for covid-19, this much I know - schools should be kept closed.
Here, parents are protesting, but they might soon learn, God Forbid, that the alternative is to collect the kids from under the ventilators.

RedPat said...

I haven't had any frost yet but my Sweet Potato Vine has been droopy a couple of mornings. It is happy again now.
The Covid numbers are getting scary again - we are pulling back from going out and about.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty fall colors and cool mushrooms/fungi. I like the Red-eyed Vireo and cute frog. Peter and the pine cones is cute too. Take care and enjoy your day!

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome header ~ wonderful photos of the changing seasons ~ a bit of summer and fall ~ Love the bird photo and Cinnamon (wonder if she is chasing a bird?) ~ Happy Tuesday to you ^_^

Live each moment with love,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

The covid numbers are awful, we are back to the June peak and maybe surpassing that soon.

Nancy J said...

Wear gloves when you tidy up the roadside. Fall, a time to enjoy the oranges and reds as leaves change colour and fall to the ground. We don't have to empty the small bird bath, but it has frozen over one year. We are well and truly in Spring, bulbs all flowering, buds budding, grass growing, and almost into cooler clothes.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jenn .. I love that you caught those pictures of Cinnamon frog fishing ? LOL .. and I love that the frogs are still out and about .. I wish we had them here to "hear" ... my Garden PA took up our water pump and cleaned the more ornamental bird bath I had in the shade corner .. now we have just the one bird bath for them to drink from .. I just watched a Goldfinch do that very thing. I am such a fan for Autumn and it is the Autumn Equinox today !
We have had frost on the roofs, but not a deep enough frost to kill back vegetation yet .. but my back garden is almost a micro climate with such a high fence ...
Great pictures .. I love the "shrooms" .. beautiful little bird too !!
That is great you are caring for the area with the litter .. just be very careful !

roughterrain crane said...

Autumn has come in your area. Many mushrooms in the forest make us feel the arrival of the new season.

Anvilcloud said...

So many were so good for so long, and then they lost their minds.

Kay said...

You DO have the most interesting looking variety of mushrooms. We're seeing discarded masks on the road here in Hawaii too. You have inconsiderate people everywhere in the world.

Our COVID numbers are going down a bit with the lockdown, but we've opened up again and.... who knows.

The son of friends of ours just contracted COVID. He lives with them. We dropped off homemade muffins, boiled peanuts and bowls of udon to cheer them up as they quarantine.