Sunday 13 September 2020

Bugs and stuff!

It was a lovely day yesterday. I got a lot done preparing for fall. 

I had a chat with my son, Jesse, in Vancouver. They are suffering with the smoke from the California fires. They'd been outdoors, and had to go in. 

Today, I shall make a stew. JB is out doing groceries, even as I write. I'm waiting for my bursitis to ease for the morning, and my knees to unfreeze.

Out and about in the garden...


I have only ONE pumpkin! Seriously. And the deer didn't even eat the blossoms this year. I have no excuse.

Katydids  (Tettigoniidaefeed on plant parts, especially the flowers. They only live about a year, laying eggs in plants. 

You can see a katydid feeding on it! I disturbed it and felt badly. It leapt off into the plants below.  These are likely the last of my rose bushes. 

I went back the next day, and it was there again. It dropped to the ground, again. Then, I realized they can fly! I wasn't disturbing it as much as I'd thought. 

Cinnamon is still quite concerned with those pesky froggies!

This was some kind of cutworm or hornworm on a weed. It is so pretty. 

A little, teeny weeny bee, I think.

And, mushrooms are quite ubiquitous! I put the camera on the ground for this photo.

7 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful nature shots ~ love Cinnamon who is so persistent ~ Do hope your knee is better and the bursitis ~ Stew sounds yummy!

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

RedPat said...

I hope Cinnamon doesn't fall in!

Christine said...

Interesting about the smoke in BC, I heard it is coming to Eastern Canada.

Karen said...

I love your banner photo! Is it from this year?

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love nature. is there nothing better? so lovely to just be quiet and chill. i love the header shot. i wonder if have seen that ... i am having a moment of deja vu??! twilight zone music is playing .. any way of it ... i love it. wonder where u were headed? hopefully some where gorgeous and quiet to just enjoy the day. have a super great week. are you a fall lover? ( ;

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colours in your header photograph.
Many thanks for sharing the bugs and stuff!
Love the mushroom in your last photograph.

All the best Jan

Jenn Jilks said...

Karen, it is not from this year. I haven't been out in the canoe in a year. It's from 2009!