Thursday 10 September 2020

More walkies

As we ease into fall, cooler temperatures and some rain, Nutmeg and I discovered a maple leaf.
These old cedars make for a good climbing tree. Can you see her?
It was dark enough that the flash came on. She didn't like that.
I love the texture of the bark, 

cat climbing from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


 This is fun. Cinnamon, Nutmeg and I were down capturing the memory cards. We were captured ourselves!


Nutmeg looked off into the forest, and I knew something was there. Sure enough, two deer. I was only worried for a moment, as if it were something serious she'd be up the tree in a flash.
From there, as shown in the video, the two cats went into the water of the wetland. Nutmeg having a drink, standing in the water! 

cat walkies 1 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I was distracted by the sound of the pileated woodpecker. The first video was too dark, so I moved under the tree to the other side of the path. It was throwing chunks of tree down below. I was lucky not to get hit!

7 comments:

Tom said...

...the maple leaf is a sign of things to come!

RedPat said...

The cats are great!

Anvilcloud said...

It was foggy this morning, If I had been ambitious, I would have gone out with the camera. I didn't though. lol

eileeninmd said...

Hello,


The maple leaf is pretty. We are seeing leaves falling now too.
Cute kitties photos. Love the deer and Pileated Woodie videos.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Nancy J said...

The pileated woodpecker, what was his reason? Those were quite good sized pieces off the tree. Cats love outside water, ours drink from the bird bath, and if there has been rain, from a little that gathered on the driveway. Your nights must be getting cooler now.

William Kendall said...

Trees are good lookout perches for cats.

Getting down, however...

Lowcarb team member said...

Isn't the maple leaf pretty, such a wonderful colour.

All the best Jan