Wednesday 9 September 2020

PSA, walkies, shopping

Let me open with our good news. JB had his quarterly PSA test, and it was the same as before, 0.008. The cancer treatments are working well.

We anticipate another rainy day. It's been off and on. It feels like fall. I usually begin with a workout, after blogging, then a walkabout. Cinnamon had to be dissuaded from playing with a small vole to come walkies with me. On the walk, there were small puffball mushrooms. I love them!



Teeny, little orange ones in the moss.

This is the area where all the bees are nesting. I've, at least, tidied it up in the early morning when they were still in the burrow and cold! There are mouse burrows, and/or ant tunnels they have taken over. 

We're happy sports are back on. We're following 🎾tennis and 🏀basketball. That has been a great distraction.

I keep wondering about this new normal. I went into town and bought paint for the decks, and a new roller, as well as spray paint to touch up my lawn ornaments. Everyone in the stores are duly masked. 

I haven't been shopping in ages, but JB cannot lift the paint can with his sore arm. I realized we didn't have paint trays, the old one had been thrown out, so back in the car and I picked up gas for the lawn tractor. Soon I'll be mulching leaves!

3 seasons: bugs, snow, construction!

I took the old school desks to the 2nd hand store. The girls have enjoyed them over the years, but they are beyond this. I hope someone can use them, although the proprietor wasn't confident about selling them. I didn't get much for them. Oh, well. 


On Labour Day, the kids went to a great aerial park in Quebec, Arbraska LaflècheThey had so much fun, and posted photos for the extended family. 

They are quite busy in the forest, now that the bugs aren't so bad! Mom and twins roaring around.

deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We've a doe with twins and a doe with a singleton. It's hard to tell them apart, aside from that. I love watching them roar around.

doe fawn from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Then, good, old Cinnamon is still frogging. I missed a great video opportunity. The little round log on the bottom left had two frogs try and get up on it. It rolled and rolled and they took off. It was just like human log rollers. Some frogs are better than others at this!

Cinnamon frogging from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

10 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! You have your very own Nature World ~ and you sound busy all the time ~ Beautiful photos and videos are awesome ~

So glad hubby is doing well ~ lots of healing energy hugs to him.

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Karen said...

We have two does with spotted twins around here! I haven't seen them myself, though their tracks are all over my yard. My ten year old neighbour told me about seeing them (her father substantiated her sight).

Tom said...

...GREAT news!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Great news for JB and it seems you have some home maintenance in the offing. My brother, visiting this week, has done all our windows for us and bless him for that!!! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Just look at that tail twitch!

DUTA said...

Good news, indeed. JB's about to win the battle. He deserves it.

RedPat said...

I'm glad to hear your good news!

Nancy J said...

Good wonderful news for the PSA, and then the tennis, the US Open will have maybe a new winner this year, with Rafa and Roger out, for Covid safety, and Novak disqualified, What about Dominic Thiem from Austria? Love the frogs that twitch then jump in the water for a safe place, so funny.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I've never seen bright orange mushrooms like those.

Christine said...

Glad for JB's good news. Always good to clear clutter, re the old school desks.