Friday 25 September 2020

PART LXXVII: Process of Cancer treatment

 We were off to another cancer treatment. He was up at 6 for a 7:30 departure. sigh. I am not allowed in, with COVID protocols. 

I didn't have to take the time, as I am just the chauffeur, I could wear my jammies and housecoat! It was only 11 C. that morning. The housecoat would be a must. I'd packed phone, book to read, sketch pad, as these appointments could last a long time. We never know. One appointment was delayed a couple of hours, as our doctor was called to emergency surgery.

7:31 a.m.

It was a beautiful morning! It was foggy in spots.

The trees are beginning to turn.

We arrived in good time. I let JB off at the main entrance. It was 15 minutes to get through the COVID prescreening, which wasn't a surprise. There was a long line. JB made it into the office by 9:15. It was spooky, as there were so few people there. They are limiting patients.

9:02 a.m.

I drove around a bit. Then did a drawing, and read. I watched the dogs and dog walkers. I took a selfie to send to my daughter! (First professional haircut is today, Friday!)

There was a gym class outdoors, although 


My colouring. I first started this back in March, the last time I was with my client. Thursday I filled the colours in.



Here is the hospital! You can see all the cars parked on the street. Lynn Lane allows people to park here for free for two hours. I went into the park parking, as I wanted to get out of the car.

Dogs are supposed to be on a leash. This dude pulled up with two dogs. They nearly got run over by the red tractor whi, by now had moved into this part of the park! 

10:05 a.m.

JB phoned. He borrowed a nurse's phone at the waiting area, as his flip phone died. He was not amused. Off home. I still hadn't had anything to eat, as I have issues when we are on a hospital visit. 

We drove through Manotick. Such monster homes. The first one isn't finished. The one beside it is huge, as well. 

The sumac are lovely.



Home by 11:00, I was happy to grab a bagel and cream cheese. Happy to be home!

12 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
it can be a trudge, a chore, this hospital visit thing... but you two surely do manage it pretty well! I love your colourful circles!!! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope the treatment went well, the fall colors and trees look beautiful. It seems a lot of people do not follow the leash rules.
We see those big homes here, I wonder if there is a big family to go with the big house. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

your fall views are gorgeous. slowly making it that way around here. i love fall ..
( ;

Tom said...

...a beautiful start to your day, I hope the treatment works well.

Nancy J said...

Your trees are changing so quickly, what a mission to be there early, and for you to have to be outside. Hope this is the last one for the winter, when it is really cold. Here we have a massive storm coming, snow to very low levels in the far south , we will get some wind here maybe by Monday. Batten down, they tell us!!!

William Kendall said...

The fall colours are lovely!

Karen said...

Beautiful time to be out driving right now!
Those houses on the river are crazy aren't they! Our friends have a farm right on the river not far from Kemptville. They have endless agents pounding on their door wanting them to sell.

Kay said...

That seems like a long drive. I guess we have to adjust to so many things during this time of COVID.

Anvilcloud said...

These days must be tough on both of you.

Red said...

It's hard to do the waiting.

Olga said...

It can be a full time job, cancer.

Jenn Jilks said...

@Jean, the nest one, every three months, is December. We'll probably send him to the ER, again. March will be in Ottawa. sigh.

So far, we measure the treatments by the PSA scores. So far, so good, lo these 7 years, Kay. Eventually, they won't work anymore. We'll deal with that then. It really hasn't changed with COVID, except that his late winter treatment was an injection in the parking lot in a snow storm!