Friday 11 September 2020

Cats on the dock

 JB took the cats for a walk. Finally, he remembered the camera! 

This time it was Nutmeg who jumped in the water. I love it when they return home and have major wash ups!


This is the climbing tree. All our cats have loved it. I was telling Josephine about the day it finally fell. I was on the back deck and heard a noise. Then again, and again, as it slowly creaked its warning that it was falling. It seems pretty stable, and the cats love it.

It was a dark day!

They have such fun!



JB's little camera can't capture their speed!
OK, now what?

My plan today is to stain the deck to preserve them. We'll see. The day has started off a bit brisk, but should be 19 C. and sunny. It'll be my window of opportunity. I've been puttering around, cleaning up the basement, filling cracks outside, cleaning up the garden as it begins to fade. I like seasonal changes. I miss my volunteer work.

Later, I've a check up for my cataract surgery. My left eye has been giving me some grief. We'll see what my local optometrist says. There are protocols, as usual. Ontario's COVID–19 cases are on the rise. Kids in French and Catholic schools, and some public schools, are back.   

I've noticed, in Canadian media, information and photos on the California fires. Such destruction.The smoke is even blowing into Canada, the fires are so huge. We've a smoke website: firesmoke.ca, predicting where the smoke will fly. 

JB's been watching tennis, in between cat walkies. It's been good entertainment for him.
We'll watch 🏀basketball tonight. It's a nice change. It's game 7 and we'll see what the Raptors do! It's a bit late for us, actually our bedtime... We'll see what we can manage!

11 comments:

RedPat said...

The cats had a good wander! You always seem to keep yourself so busy!

Karen said...

Both of my porches need to be stained but they haven;t been dry enough for weeks. I hope this dry sunny spell holds and I can get it done before the snow flies. We didn't get the back done at all last year.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Fabulous shots! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Cute kitties!

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

That climbing tree is very convenient. I liked your description of its reluctant tumble. Terrible fires! I read that 10% of the population of Oregon have had to evacuate.

Tom said...

...they seem to think that they own the place!

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Sweet kitty photos ~ and once again you are a very busy lady ~ ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the cats having a good walk around.

Sorry to read your left eye is giving you some grief, hope they may be able to help you when you have your cataract check-up.

All the best Jan

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just had a great read of recent posts. Enjoy the video action very much. I would love to attend Grandma Camp! Good luck to the girls with their schooling. Do hope your eyes are ok. I’ve never seen so many mushrooms....rainy August result I think. Take care now. Oh loved the beach selfie of the 3 of you.

Anvilcloud said...

We've watched some tennis too, but it is not the same for us without crowds and the big name players. The Canadian men had a pretty good run.

Christine said...

Devastating about the fires and air quality there.