Monday 25 November 2019

Pumpkins, selfie, and critters

It's been a week since I got dressed. I went out to fetch trailcam cards in my jammies, wearing my long, winter coat. Sunday, I managed a lovely sit on the front deck, reading in the sunshine, under a wolf blanket.



Saturday, I posted about Maggie, our deer with the dislocated ankle. Today, the other critters. I switched from videos to still shots, just for a change.

By the time I went outside to collect the trailcam photos (2 days worth) we'd gotten 693 shots on the one camera! Note the snow cover.



The turkeys are so big.



I love the eye balls in the dark! Oh, and the butt!



From Nov. 20, the snow melted in the 4 mm rain. Then we had hail, Nov. 22!

hail from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Remember our four release raccoons?

pumpkins from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Meantime, Friday morning...

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Although it probably happened when I was very young and very sick with chicken pox or measles, I can't actually remember ever not getting dressed. Mind you, getting dressed, as I just now did, is just a matter of removing jammies and putting on track pants but with undies included.

I do linger in pjs for quite awhile some mornings. The record on this past weekend was something like 5 hours when I got up ~5:30 and didn't change until ~10:30.

Out To Pasture said...

Gosh Jennifer, your voice certainly shows the effects of your virus/infection wog. Hope you two feel better soon.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Cute selfie. I always enjoy seeing your deer photos and video. I never see turkeys here, maybe once. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Nancy J said...

Very plump turkeys!! And your croaky voice, had hoped you both were all back fit and healthy again.

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks, Jean. JB is worse. I watered my plants and had to sit down with coughing!

RedPat said...

That dose of sun may help you! Eventually. ;-) Get better soon.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your selfie :)
Hoping you feel better soon.

All the best Jan

Red said...

Well it's time for me to give you the lecture about looking after yourself. You don't want to get sick again.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

hope u r feeling better now? take care. and stay warm and cozy. ( :
are you a reader? if so what have u read lately?

William Kendall said...

I guess the release raccoons must be accustomed to each other and are staying in close company.