Sunday 24 November 2019

Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Annabelle

I've been smacked upside the head with a chest cold. I slept in my chair last night, so I could sit up and sleep, rather than lie down and cough.  I haven't had a bad cold in 2 years. Neither has JB, who is not as bad as I am, but not doing well.

It was the first night we left the door open to the guest room, when the kittens have been. Everyone says to keep them isolated in one room to get them used to life in a new house. Well, we let them roam in the day. They know where the litter box is, and they feel safe there. Of course, sitting in my chair, at 5 a.m., Cinnamon decided to lobby me for food. It was lovely. Big mushes, and making dough. I fed them all, and went back to bed to sleep for a few hours. This morning, sinusitis.

The kittens are doing well. Baby Nutmeg is reluctant to come out into the living room.

Annie's favourite spot, in the living room, high up on the caterpillar.
Nutmeg is afraid of Annie, who is constantly after their food. We are letting Nutmeg be her shy little self. She likes JB's office, as well as her bedroom. They love playing together, the twins. The bathroom is a great place to knock around ping pong balls.

Annabelle is simply looking for food, not a mean bone in her body. "I'm a pretty girl. I should have more food!"

I'd just fed her in the kitchen.
Here she is mushing the wall outside the bedroom.
Nutmeg cowers under the bed, growling her little heart out.



In the office.



Bigger brother, Cinnamon, is a doggie digger. In the litter box. It flies. I will be happy when they are using the litter box in the basement.

I snagged a photo mid-meow! The rocking chair pad is a quilt my grandmother hand-made. The rocking chair is where I breastfed my three children (now 34, 36 and 40 years old)!



They are lovely entertainment. We are so happy to have taken them in. The shelters are full. They'd lived two weeks at the vet's, where they'd been turned in. Now they are having the time of their lives.

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your kitties are all beautiful. I hope you and your hubby feel better, take care. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Nancy J said...

Family additions are such a joy. Hope you and JB recover very soon, and your wee girl starts to get some courage to have an adventure into the room.

Hootin Anni said...

I so enjoy reading the kitty stories (I'm partial to cats...can you tell?)

I DO hope you two start feeling better soon.

Anvilcloud said...

Shelley Dickie of Cause for Paws here in CP seems up to her ears in kittens. She does a great job in catching forgotten kittens and colonies. We support her as best we can. She's on FB: https://www.facebook.com/Dickies-Cause-4-Paws-kitten-rescue-265114123683648/ .

Lowcarb team member said...

Such cute kittens …
Good to see and read about Maggie in your previous post.

All the best Jan

Sue (this n that) said...

So sweet to read of your kitten kapers Jenn. They're adorable and are lucky to have found such a lovely home with you.
Love your rocking chair - memories eh!
Get better soon, sinusitis on top of a cold... ugh, you poor thing xx

William Kendall said...

The new kitties are darlings.