Sunday 3 November 2019

Joey walkies, Jennie shoppies

During the windstorm, I suggested hubby go walkies in town, rather in the windy forest. You never know with the branches flying about. He took some lovely photos with his little camera.



Friday afternoon we had supplements to pick up in Carleton Place. Off we went. This precious little one has to cross the highway to get from the school bus to her house.


Then, as always, dipsticks have to move into the other lane, rather than slow down just a tad to let the driver, who passed us, get back into the right lane.

 From there we went to Carleton Place and back to Smiths Falls.  

There has been lots of construction.

This is an interesting tower going no where!

I'm thinking they are putting in a turtle fence?

We stopped in town at Shaw's in Perth. They are having a sale. I bought a shirt from the store upstairs, they weren't having a sale. They were expanding into the main floor.

In Smiths Falls, I popped into: 

BFFB were celebrating their two-year anniversary. They have a fine selection of some new but mostly inexpensive used clothing. Not a great photo, I'm not tall enough...

Can you tell which top was more costly than the other four combined??!!




I went outside Saturday morning to cut up branches from our wind storm. I managed to bring a tick in. It really ticks me off!


A lovely story about a Canadian boy, and a community that came together!




BTW
There was a lovely story about a loon pair who adopted a duckling. It's worth a read! There were photos of the nearly adult-sized duckling on top of the loon's back.

10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
My word, I got lost in that loon blog for a while! What a delightful tale of cross-culturism (and a great project)!
I am guessing the red with green sleeves is the pricey one... YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Good idea to walk in town, and he did get some good pics.

carol l mckenna said...

Great pics on the walk to town ~ children getting off buses need to be taken care of ~ so precious ~

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy J said...

I pick the one on the right with inset and piping, would take more time to make,and a special pattern and sewer, Great selection, and all in time for winter and long sleeves again.What a busy road for a school bus to let off a small child.Scary.

Karen said...

My MIL got a tick on her arm last summer near Perth. Her Dr. Is finally getting around to testing her for lyme because he can't find any other cause for her aching muscles. I'm mad as a hornet on her behalf!

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, he was walking in town AC, but then realized that we have a lovely property, and it builds character, as well as fall reflexes for men who approach their 70th birthday!


Karen, that is awful. Our local doctors are usually good at that sort of thing. It's so common now.

William Kendall said...

Who'd have thought loons would do that?

Lowcarb team member said...

They were lovely pictures of the walk in town :)

All the best Jan

Red said...

There goes the imprint thing on the duckling with the loons.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Ticks scare me! I used to think they were just an annoyance . I used to think that about mosquitos too... back in the day we knew nothing about the diseases. Walking in safe, if sterile, places is better than not walking at all!