Friday 22 November 2019

How was your week?

What a week!

Monday: Don't tell the kids!



How could I lose TWO 32 GB SD cards in a week?  I bought another replacement Monday, after physiotherapy for my hip bursitis.

I phoned my eye clinic, maybe cataract surgery in January. (I'm getting headaches from the right eye strain.)

Tuesday

We had such fun on the weekend. Now, managing my cold, I am simply grateful I'm not working. Remember those days, retired teachers? You have to phone your principal, vice-principal, or your occasional teacher. Then, driving into the school at 6:30 (in the dark) to lay out some better lesson plans. You have to weight the decision about staying home with what is going on in the classroom. I'm glad those days are done.
Bronchitis has reared its ugly head. I am taking the week off! (JB shared his cold!)

Miracles of technology: I went online and ordered a refill of my puffer. I still have my spacer inhaler. JB went into town and picked the inhaler up for me.

Wednesday

I phoned my client to let her know I was sick and wouldn't be in on Thursday. I spent the day watching TV, drinking plenty of fluids.

Hooray for CNN, featuring the impeachment hearings. That has been entertaining. Dr. Fiona Hill was a powerhouse. I am woman, hear me roar! 

Thursday

I was up at 3:30 a.m. clearing out my lungs. JB's cold is worse, too. He thought he'd done OK and was recovering. We had a conversation. His mother, and my nonagenarian client, both claimed that you get a cold when you don't wear your scarf! (i.e., You get a cold from being cold.) Sigh. I'm glad we have science and symptom relief. (Sudafed, Nyquil, a puffer, lozenges, etc.)

We had 4 mm rain overnight.

Lisa Laco, CBC morning show host in Thunder Bay says:
Oliver-Paipoonge municipality has declared a state of emergency. Heavy rain last night followed by snow created icy, slippery conditions. plows can't even get out... so sand trucks can't either...and that means little access for emergency vehicles as well. The mayor pleaded for people to stay home.


Since last Thursday I've been filling in a Numeris survey of our TV watching. It's been a hoot. I look like a total couch potato, after feeling sick all week. I'm glad it is done. It isn't all that normal, after being away on the weekend, and all. It's rather funny. We're not in the target demographics for anyone.  

Friday

Nutmeg's still staying at one end of the house: her bedroom, JB's office, bathroom. Cinnamon roars up and down the hall, the stairs, onto Annie's catapillar. Once, when Annie was in it! We're respecting Nutmeg's shyness. She'll growl when Annabelle goes into her bedroom to steal yummy kitten food!
Cinnamon, braver than his sister

Well, hooray it is Friday. Snow on the way! Winter, bring it on! 

13 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...and there it was gone! The days are a blur for me at the moment... YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Sorry for you health issues.

Yes, calling in sick was problematic. I missed my dad's passing by a few minutes because I was busy taking lesson preps to school.

Nancy J said...

What a week for you both. And the cold weather will be with you to stay!! Down here, daughter from Dunedin flew up on Thursday. a HUGE bunch of peony flowers for me, pink, cream and deep red.Lots of comments as she carried them on and off the planes,( trip had one stopover and swap of planes)/ We started to strip the yellow/mustard wallpaper that day. 3 huge bags of paper. Friday began on the rest of the wider hall and the small lounge. 4 bags more. Furniture all in the middle of the rooms, so that is all ready for the painter on Monday.Weather is fine, sewing machine is packed away, too much stuff!!!XXXX Get well soon. ( Hugh has a puffer and spacer like yours too).

Karen said...

I did one of those TV surveys last year. They probably won't ask me to do it again because there was a lot of blank space with those long arrows. Not much TV watching on my end these days.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sorry to hear of your ailments. I was taken by your comments about strong, honest women, and by that wonderful period poster. It certainly has been a delight to witness the strength and dignity of the various women who have testified in the Trump impeachment hearings. We need more like them.

Hootin Anni said...

Cute kitty! Hope you both feel better soon. You have one up on me....I could NOT sit thru the impeachment series hour after hour. Kudos

Kay said...

Oh yes! I remember those days of being sick while teaching. Doing those lesson plans for substitute teachers almost made me want to just go to work.

The impeachment hearings were absolutely mesmerizing, and his supporters still stand by him.

Red said...

I wish you a rapid recovery.

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon is a brave boy.

Phil Slade said...

An eventful week for you Jenn. I hope the weather improves for you and those SD cards turn up. Thank goodness for online shopping I say. No going out to shops that never have what you want anyway.

Jenn Jilks said...

Honestly, Annie, I didn't watch hour after hour. It was a good distraction while unable to do anything other than cough!
Dr. Fiona Hill was riveting, though.

Jenn Jilks said...

I knew my post about calling in sick would hit home. There are a lot of teachers blogging. I'm so sorry for you and your father, AC.
It's likely no comfort, but I stayed overnight in my late dad's long-term care room. I binge watched some CSIs on his little TV, while holding his hand. He was in a coma. I finally stretched out on the lazy boy chair in his room and he passed at 2 a.m. The PSW didn't wake me until a bit later, and let me sleep some.

Linda said...

Hoping both of you feel better that the awful colds you have. Better get knitting those scarves to combat the next one :)