Thursday 14 November 2019

What a storm!

Nov. 12th storm, we were awhile getting dug out!

I like the exercise of shoveling. JB is so happy with our snow blower, as it has a braking system, and he can run it. Otherwise, he couldn't with his back issues. I finished off the highway end of the driveway. I did the front sidewalk, and half the back deck. He did the rest of it when I was with my client. It takes teamwork!

Look at the bird bath! Everything was still plugged in, which is good. It was quite cold.



When my old bubbler had the biscuit, I bought a new one which has lights. It is very pretty at night!



JB did his thing. We'd planned ahead and filled up the gas can.



I did my thing. (The poor frozen pumpkins!)



Not spectacular photos, but the four doves in a row were sweet.



Poor Bob V.



As the day unfolded, the winds came up and cleared the snow off the trees.



Cinnamon and Nutmeg are settling in. Cinnamon found the cat bed in JB's office. We'll call this an artistic photo!

13 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I hope he has a good time with the blower.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The snow looks pretty but too cold for me. The lighted bubbler is cool. Wishing you a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I keep thinking it is far too early to be feeling this cold (we have had minus temps even in the daytime this week, snow on the hilltops)... but then again I realise it is only six weeks till Christmas and shake my head... I just can't keep up! YAM xx

Rain said...

Having pets is awesome, so glad they are feeling at home! INITIALLY I say the same thing about shoveling, I enjoy the exercise...but come March, there is nowhere to put the snow and I'm cursing under my frozen breath lol...Great photos, that light in the bird bath is really neat!

Nancy J said...

You need a quad bike with a snow plough on the front!! Too much snow even for me, as I love to see those photos. When do the new ones go out and play?

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, poor pumpkins! Better them than you or kitties I say. Cute "artistic" photo & love the doves & bath lights!

Red said...

with this much snow it definitely takes team work and a few shifts.

Sue (this n that) said...

Wow, such a lot of snow! Love all your photos. It brings with it a lot of work but, as you say, you're a team and have it all sorted!

Christine said...

How did winter get here so fast?

carol l mckenna said...

Smart cat ~ best thing to do when that dreadful 'white stuff' comes ~ Great photos and you both worked very hard ~ hope you are relaxing now ~ ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks a lot of snow!
Some areas of the UK experienced snow today!
It seems to have come earlier this year …

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

That last shot is my favourite.

Kay said...

Ah yes... My daughter in Chicago has been keeping me updated about all the snow and cold. I just feel awful for my granddaughter who has to wait for the bus.