Wednesday 20 June 2018

10. Catching up after our trip

Yes, the garden. I am catching up with being away 8 days [Vancouver and kidlets!)]. I weeded Saturday, and Sunday was garden day. First thing, off to get some plants. The nursery had sold about 2/3 of its flowers, nearly sold out. It was hard not buying anything for the garden prior to our trip! I knew the baskets wouldn't last without my being here to water.
On the left, the very green basket, are my sum total of veggies: cherry tomatoes. I transplanted them from the yellow basket into a much larger one.


Then, petunias into the yellow planter (above), for the hummingbirds. A 'window box' of pinks and begonias for the front window.



The deer have trimmed my hostas for me. Normally, they begin with the plant farthest from the house, and work their way into the interior of the garden.



Caught in the act

Friday, June 8th



Recaught in the act, Wed., June 13th! We were watching TV and I saw Daisy staring at something...



Critters everywhere.
The millipede was in the bottom of an old hanging planter I was repotting. You'll notice my manicure is looking a bit rough! I only had it done since I was traveling.
millipede
Gray tree frog hung about here all day!


Butch amongst the yellow devil's paintbrush.


A garter snake slid into a mouse hole to escape from me.


We had a scare Sunday. JB couldn't find Hooper anywhere. He looked on the road and found roadkill. It turned out to be a rabbit, he scraped it up and put it in the ditch.
Tuesday morning, another rabbit as roadkill.


Bunny frontyard from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Then, Hooper decided to go on a bender. He was gone from Tuesday night until midnight the next night. sigh. We were worried. Boys...

Good news, our tick count is down. This may be affected by the cats being 9 days in the cat hotel, but... I am hopeful.

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

Hooper!

The tree frog has something of a zen thing going on.

NatureFootstep said...

yes, a lot of critters. Would love to see them all :)

Red said...

Awol cats can scare you.

Christine said...

It's good to get back to a routine isn't it.

Anvilcloud said...

Good idea to wait on the flower boxes. We have to water the neighbour's flowers or they'd be goners already.

Angie said...

Hostas for deer are like candy for little kids and my hubby - hard to resist! You were wise to wait on your flowers until after your vacation … just one more thing to worry about or to ask the neighbors to do!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the pink colour of those flowers …

All the best Jan