Thursday 7 June 2018

I packed my stuff!

Do you remember George Carlin?! He's quite vulgar, fair warning, but this monologue stuck with me.

As I write this, I am packing for our vacation. As you read this, we are nearly home.
I began with a nice, new suitcase.

Whoops, nope, that's my regular purse. I took it to my vacay with the grandies last November. (Trip to the Dominican Republic) It's perfect for carry on. Lots of pockets, holds everything. I use it all the time.
From my last trip, I realized I needed a suitcase with wheels. The other one got wrecked when our hot water tank exploded, anyway! (What a day, a flood!) Jan. 22nd I bought my new suitcase. Isn't it cute?! 

We've been looking at the weather. As I write, May 28th, it 30 C. here. We were going to Vancouver (YVR) Thursday. They are having 15 C. temperatures at the end of the week. Then, on to Calgary, and Lake Louise for two days, and home. They had 10 - 15 cm of SNOW in Lake Louise and Banff.

I had to haul my bigger suitcase out of the basement, and bring my winter clothes upstairs, and repack.
Look at this!!!! This is JUNE!
There are flood warnings in Calgary, where we are renting a car.

Last week, JB and I have been walking. I tried the first day wearing my new runners. No problem.
The second day, my Birkenstock sandals. Blisters. We have to walk 2 km from where we are staying to Jess' house.  They've been lovely walks, though.



Monday, prior to the election, we voted. "Vote early! Vote often!"
 

The election is today, June 7th! Let's see if the pollsters got it right. Doug Ford (yes ,brother of the infamous, late Rob Ford), is shooting himself in the foot with no planks in his election plan, and no costings.

Wednesday, May 30th, I had my mani-pedi at the spa! I won't be wearing sandals, though...

6 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Happy travels...welcome home...vote often??? Are you allowed more than one? YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Was Annabelle hoping to fit in too? How the weather varies from state to state, and here from North where we are to the South Island. Massive hoar frosts down there, frosty roads even on the metal unsealed ones.

Anvilcloud said...

We have tended to walk a lot in Vancouver too but in a very different neighbourhood -- West End near Stanley Park.

William Kendall said...

I hope the journey goes smoothly!

I voted several days ago at an advance poll.

DUTA said...

Nice suitcase and mani-pedi! You're ready for your vacation. Bon Voyage!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your mani-pedi looks good.
Happy and safe travels.

All the best Jan