Monday 5 April 2010

My World is Coffee

My World is my family. We just sent the kids back to Ottawa, but for a few days my world consisted of toast and tattoos. Hooray for granddaughters to make one feel young in spirit and old in body at the same time!

But, usually, I start every day with two cups of coffee. (Made by my personal assistant!)

Sometimes it ends up with a cappuccino.

Where can you get a great Muskoka cappuccino?
Lately, only 2 out of 5 of Oliver's machines work. There are Oliver's outlets in Gravenhurst, Port Carling, Bracebridge and Bala.

The machine (below) in the pizza place 'Dockers'  in Port Carling, beside the Teak store, is broken.
It is such a shame. It takes a couple of weeks for repairs and people to repair it come from the city.



Port Sandfield marina has a great machine, too. It depends upon who is working to find someone who can operate it well!!!!

The 'new' one in Beaners in Rosseau (below right) still works! It is a beautiful Italian machine that lights up, very sophisticated.

They serve fabulous soups, breakfast and hot lunches, too. (Haven't been there for dinner!)


Of course, you can visit Taboo, or Red Leaves (photo below!) and get one, but that is a bit pricey.



We went to Taboo for a cup of coffee (him) and glass of wine (me). It set us (him) back $25!

Huntsville
Both "The Finds" and "That Little Place By The Lights" on Main Street have great Cappuccino.
Be sure and let me know if you find more spots, or repaired machine!!!

MWT White
My World is hosted each week by the My World team members, Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and Sylvia K. Click on the meme badge to visit more worlds.

18 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Fun post for a look at your world, love your header.

Barb said...

Jenn, What a fabulous Header - so whimsical! I would definitely be wandering around with you searching for a great cuppa.

Sylvia K said...

Great post for the day, Jenn! The coffee sounds great! And it sounds as though you had a great visit with your kids/grandkids! Family is the best! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You have to have decent coffee to start the day.

Anonymous said...

I am a coffee lover so this is right up my alley.

EG CameraGirl said...

Nothing beats a great cup of coffee...except family. :)

Mom To The Power Of Three said...

I drive by Olivers all the time in Gravenhurst but have never tried it. I love coffee but usually just make it at home unless we're on the go. Maybe I'll stop in and try it. Very cute header picture!

Deb said...

Jenn, just noticed the Forest Fire Hazard rating sign on your site. When there is a Fire Ban in effect, as there is right now, no burning, fireworks, etc. is allowed at all. When the Fire Ban is no longer in effect, then burning is allowed 2 hours before sunset through to 2 hours after sunrise. (Apr 1 - Oct 31... No Daytime Burning)
Our neighbours were burning leaves on the weekend unaware of the Fire Ban let alone the No Daytime Burning rule. They were lucky they didn't set the whole neighbourhood forest on fire!

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

what a wonderful day today is visiting your corner of the world now, can i have a cup of java too please? ....thanks for showing this to us!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I've got one of those personal assistants too! I used to make the coffee, but said personal asst. bought a new fancy grinder that I can't figure out so,.... now he gets to work his new machine. However, as long as we each get our 2 cups we're both happy. Cheers!

Indrani said...

I think I am getting that delightful smell of coffee.
Great shots.

LadyFi said...

Yep - I always start my day with a large cup of strong coffee!

at the cottage said...

I always enjoy your blogs Jenn :) The weekend photos of the little grandbunnies are adorable!

I love spring!

amatamari© said...

Oh magnificent: the coffee is always a good start ...
:-)

foto CHIP said...

The same for me both about coffee and about granddoughters ;) ... but not about cappuccino I like the coffee black ;)

Carolyn said...

Nothing like a great cup of coffee to get the day off to a good start. Great that you have so many great places for good coffee.
Have a great week.
Smiles

Unknown said...

Jenn, you must come try Miss Nelle's coffee in Baysville. Great coffee and cool retro atmosphere. :>

Lizann

Chief cook ... said...

Hi. In Huntsville, both "The Finds" and "That Little Place By The Lights" on Main Street have great Cappuccino. I frequent them for my fix when I need one. - CJ