Tuesday 21 November 2023

Book Review: Waiting on the River

Waiting on the River (2018) 

Does anyone remember Travis Erwin? I used to follow his blog. Anyway, he doesn't blog as often as he used to. I enjoyed his My Town Monday posts. He published The Feedstore Chronicles in 2011. 

He is a tall man, with a full beard and used to live in Texas. Now, he lives with his family in California. Travis used to work at the Post Office, and now writes full-time. 

He writes a good tale. Usually, I don't read books by men. Murder mysteries are often too gruesome. This book has changed my mind about male writers! A wonderful, emotional story, with the mystery slowly unfolding for the reader. He is a sensitive writer, and his characters are fleshed out as the plot unfolds. They appealed to me, even though I didn't like them all. 

I finished it last night at 11:15, which isn't good for my sleeping pattern, but it's the kind of book that you live in while you read. The setting was compelling, although I've never visited that far south in the USA. I had an investment with the characters, the plot, and was fully immersed. The dialogue was realistic. I really enjoyed it! A well-crafted tale.

 Now Available

11 comments:

Tom said...

...he's new to me. Nice beard!

eileeninmd said...

He is new to me, I will see if my library has this book.

Take care, have a great day!

Patio Postcards said...

Always appreciate a book review. 👍 💖

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I shall definitely look for it in the library system here!

Christine said...

Glad you enjoyed

Shalet Jimmy said...

Murder Mysteries and Crime Thrillers are always a ' Yes' to me...

Divers and Sundry said...

He's new to me. Thanks for the introduction.

Elephant's Child said...

A new author to me too. Like you, I read a lot more books by women. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeanie said...

I don't know this writer but thank you for the recommendation. I'll keep an eye out for him.

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds like an excellent book. Thanks for the review.

William Kendall said...

New to me too.