Sunday 26 November 2023

Trip to Smiths Falls

 This was a laugh. I suggested we look for boots, then actually EAT IN A RESTAURANT! Off we went.

TA DA!


I had suggested The Vault. We repositioned the car, and went in. They couldn't seat us for another half hour. It was full. Not what we were looking for. Excellent, fresh, creative food, but too crowded. On a Tuesday, it is a good sign they are doing well. There are a lot of eateries in Smith Falls. We ambled down to a pub which overlooks the falls. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Back to square one. We noticed a restaurant in the Hotel Rideau, which we'd not noticed before. It was more of a cafe, which took up the first floor.


Fresh food, wonderful service, and I had eggs benedict. 



The street and parking have been revamped in Smiths Falls. Including terrific bike lanes, but you do have to watch when you park and get out of your car. 
The book store, Arlie's Books, has a marvellous display. 

17 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Great looking brunch y'all had! Can I post the book tree on my FB to share with my bookloving friends? I'll give you photo credit, but don't know bookstore's name, in case anyone is going to Smith Falls, Canada soon!

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a nice outing and a yummy lunch.
I like the book tree!
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Cloudia said...

What a pleasant day out, Jenn. Nice photo of your companion. Aloha

Nancy J said...

Winter boots, and it looks like they have a side zipper too. Hooray!! Yummy meal, all in all a good trip out.

tz_garden said...

That looks like an excellent eggs benedict! The Christmas tree is adorable.

Olga said...

New shoes or boots, lunch out, and a bookstore -- my idea of a perfect day!

Jeanie said...

I'd say you had a terrific idea! It looks like a fun day!

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the boots too! Serious looking and long wearing I'd forecast. Thanks for permission to share the book tree!

RedPat said...

I haven't been to Smith's Falls in many years. It looks like it is thriving.

Elephant's Child said...

Love the book tree - and I am so glad you had a nice day out.

Divers and Sundry said...

Big plate! It's attractively arranged, isn't it! I avoid crowds, too, especially these days. I'm glad y'all found a place that was comfortable.

Anvilcloud said...

I don't know SF well. We go to the hospital and Tims on occasion is we're thataway.

Patio Postcards said...

I like your new boots, they keep your toes toasty warm & a nice thick thread to keep you upright walking in the woods. Oh yum to your lunch, nice find.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great looking food and I like the book tree.

All the best Jan

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice book tree! I have never had eggs benedict...hope you enjoyed them! Nice to get out and about!

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you found such a nice place to eat. The eggs benedict looks delicious! The book tree, clever and fun. I like your new boots. I enjoyed seeing this area, looks like you both had a real nice visit.

William Kendall said...

It's been a long time since I've had eggs Benedict.