Saturday 4 March 2023

Saturday's Critters

 It's critter day everyday, here! I get up, feed cats, feed fishies, and hope for the best. There was a big snow over the last few hours. This afternoon I shall dig us out. There isn't a lot of big critter action, other than the deer. 

We had some sun yesterday, and she had a nap.


Trudging down to the trailcams I found out: Who goes there in the night?

 

coyotes and deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

They really whack away at it. They can smell some food under there.

Fuzzy fawn from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Feb. 26th, mice friends going after scattered bird seed. In the daytime, red squirrel comes along. It's great cat TV!

mice friends from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Thanks to Eileen for hosting! Saturday's Critters # 481 



16 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I've just seen a magpie gathering twigs from the tree over the road... spring very much in the air around here. Seeing your snow reminded me there is time for another wintry snap yet! YAM xx

Tom said...

...the deer is enjoying its snow bed!

Olga said...

Funny because when I read the title I said to myself -- like every day.

Jeanie said...

It IS critter day every day for you -- and I love it!

Barbara Rogers said...

Love that the way we see mice is through their reflective eyes! These are great critter cams!

RedPat said...

I love seeing the mice running around with their eyes glowing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You don't often see them napping! What nice photos. I know you are still having winter weather but the animals seem to be thriving!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice healthy looking deer:)

Shiju Sugunan said...

You have excellent critters activities everyday no matter what weather conditions!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You've always got something going on with critters at your house. I love your deer especially.

Kay said...

The deer's fur must really insulate them from all that snow.

Mae Travels said...

Good critters. You really are getting a lot of snow! I missed most of it by leaving town.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jenn :=)
What a lovely capture of the sleeping deer. The mouse was fun to watch you really could only see it's eyes.:=)

Little Wandering Wren said...

Love seeing the video of the deer pawing in the snow to find food. I've just popped over to the UK and woken to late snow here so I know how it feels!
Have a lovely week.
Wren x

Yvonne said...

Enjoyed the deer bedded down photo, and all those busy mice running around. I've lived in winters with much snow, and although snow makes any landscape extra beautiful, I think I'll leave the deep snow to you. Always enjoy your trail cams.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You do have a lot of snow there! Cute deer and videos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, I am sorry to be late commenting, thank you of leaving me a comment.