Wednesday 29 March 2023

Deer, PPF & YVR

 I miss Paint Party Friday. I did a sketch, finally. 


They are liking the brown grass. The snow comes and goes. Methinks we are getting a skiff of snow today. 




This one looks like she is pregnant, with her round belly. We've not seen the two deer with broken legs, so this is a good sign that they will replenish their population.

I hope this is the last of our winter weather, Sat., March 25, but I doubt it! I shovelled the sidewalk, hopefully for the last time this season. The driveway melted on its own. 

Cinnamon was all riled up TV-watching. Meaning he was red squirrel watching and wanted to go outside. We ignored him, and he wanted attention. He helped JB with his solitaire.

For fun, this is Bryony and Cluny out west in downtown Vancouver at their park in the sunshine. There are such differences in climate and weather compared to us!

Their ski season has been marvellous for them. The mountains have lots of snow, and they have a great time outdoors. 

I shall leave you with young 'uns at their ski club in B.C., this made me giggle!

snow play from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I loved playing in the snow when I was young, not so much now!

carol l mckenna said...

I miss PPF too ~ sweet sketch you did and great photos ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Red said...

Great exercise for kids to do while learning to cross country ski.

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved your drawing/painting. Especially the critters, including maybe an alien peeking at you!

RedPat said...

I am hoping we get no snow. Your deer would probably like that too.

Jeanie said...

It would be fun to see some fawns in the neighborhood. Cinnamon has great balance! (Did she say "Red queen on black king?" I guess that's just me.

Bindu said...

Your sketch is nice! B C and Ontario, what a difference!

Elephant's Child said...

That ski class took my eye. Colour me impressed. I spent most of my one and only ski lesson face down in the snow.

Mae Travels said...

Deer are such pests in the view of some people — and to others they are beautiful creatures! I’m glad I don’t have to decide, as they do not frequent the gardens in our central part of town. Out further, they are despised because they are overpopulated and eat all the flowers, bushes, hedges, etc.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

William Kendall said...

A good perch for a cat.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I never joined PPF because I don't draw. I LOVE your sketch, Jenn.

Nice to see the deer and I laughed at the kids skiing to get their Easter eggs.

Lorrie said...

Love the sketch! Snow in the mountains and warm sunshine by the water - that's BC!