Wednesday 8 March 2023

March decor, kestrel, grandies!

Yay, March. It freezes at night, but melts in the day. Syrup season soon. 
We anticipate green! We've now got three starlings, which means spring is really coming. I know this shows two, but there were three yesterday!

Poor snow elf melted. Her face melted off somewhat, then her hat fell off.

You win, you lose!


Guinevere and Bear have their greens on.

The green March wreath Izzy, Jos and I created.

I put up green ribbons, and decided to order new ones. The skinny stuff is wearing thin. It was lovely outdoors, in the sunshine!

The wider ribbon show up better, especially since some people drive by at warp speed!

Even the black cat gets a ribbon. 

While I was down at the fence, replacing winter red ribbons with spring green ones, I spotted a kestrel.  It was sitting on the further away fence post, gave me a look, and took off. The arrow shows how close it was! 

Can you see it? Nah. The video was awful. It flew off to the pine tree. This is a screen capture of my video. (You can see our house on the left.)

I walked closer, and found it was watching the birds at the bird feeder. It was exciting. Can you sort of see it?! She's just a dark shadow in the tree. I tried to get closer, but she flew off towards the bird feeder! 
We've a kestrel who lives in our habitat. I've spotted it quite frequently, but photos are tough.  They are the size of a blue jay or mourning dove.

She used to harass the crows in the nest we had out back in April, 2021. I think it is a female, as she doesn't have the darker blues of the male.

Grandies

Just for fun, to compare and contrast, our Vancouver grandkids! Cluny and Bryony are doing so well! 


The B.C. Coquihalla highway was closed last week because of weather. The snow helped skiing, though!

They have regular ski lessons. Jesse told me they had a great dump of snow on their B.C. mountain, and they were happy with that. Isn't this beautiful?!



It's Gramma Camp on the weekend, to begin March Break, Josephine and Isabelle are coming for a brief visit. Hip hip hooray! 

7 comments:

Olga said...

Enjoy those grandies! They always figure so sweetly in your posts.

Anvilcloud said...

We went to Wheelers yesterday. The boiler (one of them) was going after the balmy day on Monday. Many customers, but the spacing is good there.

Jeanie said...

I love the snow elf and all the touches. You're going to have fun with Grandma camp!

RedPat said...

You really get into St Patrick's Day!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your snow elf.
Sweet photographs of Cluny and Bryony.
Have fun with Gramma Camp.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I laughed as the snow elf melted away. You went all out for St. Patty's day, dear.

I am sure the grands are looking forward to Grandma Camp this weekend.

Divers and Sundry said...

I chase off the starlings ;)