Wednesday 1 March 2023

Another storm!

🌨A storm was coming. I cleared the sidewalk.


A storm arrived. I cleared the sidewalk. You can see Bambi in the background. She was no help at all!

The storm slowed down. I cleared the sidewalk!

It is a lovely winter coat, wrapping us all in the blanket of snowflakes.

 Do you know what we expect on the weekend? Yes, another storm! It was a horrid drive to visit my client for my 8:40 gig. The roads hadn't been done. I even had trouble finding the road. Thank goodness for snow tires. 

snowstorm from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Having sat with my client for a couple of hours, I came home, had lunch, then went back outside to use the snowblower. I have trouble finding the driveway, wandering on and off my path. There was ice under the 15 cm (6") snow, as well. 

🐦 I had fun watching the American crow. I worked hard on the video, splicing the photos in with the audio of the outdoors. It is unusual to see the crow so near the window. 

Funny story. 

I had the camera on the tripod, taking several photos, and had trouble shifting it to face higher in the tree. I just saw the crow about to jump onto a lower branch and approach the bird feeder. Grabbing the videocamera, the camera lens flipped down, and made a noise on the tripod. Off went crow! 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure have been dumped on this season.

eileeninmd said...

UGH, sorry you had to drive out in the snow. Have a great day!

Anvilcloud said...

Another coming? O brother! There is a bit of a change afoot — it was slushy in the afternoon.

Divers and Sundry said...

I do enjoy seeing your photos, but I don't envy you all the snow-clearing work. I'm thinking I'd have to hire it done lol I hope the coming storm is lighter than expected.

RedPat said...

Not the kind of weather that I like for driving. Glad you got home okay.

Mae Travels said...

The storms have been terrible! I am so lucky to be in California where it’s just rain, not at home with freezing conditions. Good luck with your weather~

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Cloudia said...

Those crows are way too smart!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow. You can't get a break. Just when you clear the walk, you get dumped on again. It's a good thing you have a snow blower. I have a shovel (grin).

Red said...

Cool post! I cleaned the sidewalk. Next: I cleaned the sidewalk and again: I cleaned the sidewalk. I know how you're feeling. tTe same thing is happening here.

DrumMajor said...

Your are definitely one of the angels to venture out to your hospice person in such weather, much less so early in the morning. Stay safe, between the snowblower and funny crows! (I did hospice nursing for years and loved it, but not the weather sometimes!) Linda in Kansas

Nancy J said...

Do you think the deer could be trained to help??? Love the crow cawing.Or is it crowing?

Jeanie said...

You've really been slammed with snow this winter. I don't know if this is unusual for you but even at our worst (and this winter has been our lightest) it is nothing like this!