Sunday 5 March 2023

Another storm!

 They predicted it... This is the 🎥Texas low that caused high winds, and 🌪tornados (CNN).

I woke up early. In the dark, the snowplough went by, as registered on the Crumbly Acres security camera. A sight for sore eyes! 

snowplough drives on by from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

And the snow fell from just before midnight to the afternoon:

deer and turkey from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The turkey had a good try to get to the feeder! We've just the one male hanging around after seeing none for months.

Then the deer folk had it in their heads to find some bird seed.



Look at little fuzzy fawn! The snow is so deep for it.


I was easing into the plan of shovelling, maybe thinking I'd wait until the snow stopped. It was going to be above zero, and that makes the snow heavier. 

We had some Amazon deliveries arriving. JB checked his email and it said Sunday or Monday. I put my feet up and played my morning games. JB checked again, after lunch, there was  package on the way. Out I hustled. There was 20 cm on the driveway (7"), with 30 cm (12") at the end of the driveway. Praise be for the snowblower! The highway looked great, though.


It was quite deep at the end of the driveway, 30 cm (12") deep.

Before, after the storm, and after shovelling!

JL used the roof rake to clear the snow off of their metal roof. This is their backyard!

I could have simply shovelled the back deck. Instead, I figured I might as well use the snowball snow for a purpose instead of just firing it overboard. I made a snow elf.

I was weary afterwards. The shower was just lovely!

13 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Until reading a few blogs today, I hadn’t realized how the storm went to the southwest of us.

Tom said...

...they predicted it here too, but it turned out to be underwhelming.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderland of snow...and then there's the removal of it so it's safe to move about. Love your snow elf!

William Kendall said...

Still weird to think of thunder in a snowstorm.

Divers and Sundry said...

I guess that's the storm that brought us high wind warnings and tons of rain, but our high today is predicted to be in the 70s. One of my FB memories, though, was of snow here on this date several years ago. Unpredictable, that's the weather here.

Nancy J said...

The elf is smiling so it's sure to be a good day ahead.Thank goodness for the snow blower.

Olga said...

So March came in like a lion this year.

RedPat said...

There was a lot of thunder and lightning for about an hour. It sure was heavy snow to shovel.

Lorrie said...

Such a lot of snow fell in a short time. We saw the thundersnow on the news last night. Wow! Our late snow is all gone now and the sun is shining. Still only 6 degrees, though.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! That is a LOT of snow!!! You are so strong.

Ontario Wanderer said...

I called a friend to plough out our driveway for the first time this winter. Heavy snow is hard on my body these days.

Patio Postcards said...

I like your snow person on the deck - such creative use of all that snow. It was amazing & quite odd to hear thunder in the snow storm on Friday night, even stranger to see a few flashes of lightening ...

Jeanie said...

Loving the deer but the thunder snow looks super scary!