Saturday 11 March 2023

Saturday's Critters

I am fond of this 2014 photo. We haven't had this bird feeder since to fell apart in 2018. I took the feeder down after the top section fell off. [Aug. 1st:  A WASP story!]  


The fawn stood there in the sunshine for over 30 minutes!


driveway deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Yesterday I posted the sunset. Today, sunrise!

deer sunrise from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

sidewalk turkey from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We never see coyotes around the house in the daytime. They are good coyotes. Shout Out to Topsy Farm. They have guardian coyotes

This is the trailcam in the forest. It begins with a coyote, with its buddy in the background. All you can see is its eyes. The second clip shows that Butch raccoon is awake. They don't hibernate, they just sleep in the really cold weather.

coyote and raccoon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Butch is, indeed, awake.
 

Butch raccoon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Saturday's Critters # 482 Thanks to Eileen for hosting! 

10 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the raccoons.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
You always seem to have a lot of deer there, they must love your place.
Neat sighting of the turkey! Great videos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great sunrise, with deer! Butch is very big for having over-wintered...and he has a pal! I'm curious about using coyotes to keep sheep safe...from themselves?

RedPat said...

How do the coyotes and Butch get along?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You see critters everywhere! You have such a good environment for so many. Love seeing your photos and videos.

William Kendall said...

You have quite a lot of company around.

Shiju Sugunan said...

I like the sunrise!

Jeanie said...

I name all my animals, too. What a great spot for critter viewing!

Angie said...

Jenn - I see coyote tracks in the snow now and then, but I haven't caught one on a camera in quite some time. Delighted to see yours!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never heard of a guardian coyote. What an interesting thing to know :)