Friday 3 March 2023

Squirrelly action

There is much going on these days, especially at the feeders. Or under them! It is -13 degrees C. this morning. I put out some of my green decor for St. Patrick's Day yesterday. Once I am done, I'll do photos. We've got rain or snow on the way. We shall see what happens! 

Yes, many call squirrels 'tree rats!' They provide fine entertainment for us and the cats. The cats barely twitch for the birds. It's those squirrels!

This is Nutmeg's first stop in the morning. She surveys the yard for safety, then checks out mice friends.

mousing from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

They benefit from the bird feeder above.

Black squirrel from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

red squirrel from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

CAT TV!

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I had never seen a black squirrel until I visited Ottawa.

Anvilcloud said...

I saw dawn breaking at 6 this morning, I appreciated that.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Delightful! YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Nearby in Brevard NC, we have white squirrels...a quirk. So many squirrels, and what does Mr. cat think he might do with one if caught! The catching is nigh impssible of course.

Christine said...

Cute squirrel.

RedPat said...

It is lucky that squirrels are so cute since they ravage my garden in the summer and if they were nasty looking I would not be happy at all.

Bindu said...

There are squirrels in our backyard. Sometimes, knocking on the window, demanding food, lol

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon looks gigantic in the first video.

Jeanie said...

Nutmeg cracks me up! A woman who knows her own mind!

Divers and Sundry said...

Having squirrels in our attic was enough to make me, well... not _hate_ them but try to do all in my power to discourage them.

Kay said...

That is a whole LOT of squirrels! Wow! I've never seen squirrels tunneling in the snow before.