Sunday 18 December 2022

Recovery at Snowy Crumbly Acres – Part 1!

 Crumbly Acres!

I had this post all ready to go, then we had more snow all day Friday, after snow Thursday night. 


My lines are a bit wobbly. I can explain that! The trees look amazing, and I was distracted!


I cleaned out the bird bath, water fountain, I suppose, and popped some fresh snow on top to melt.

The trees looked so sad on Friday. I went around and shook off the snow.

Laden branches everywhere.

Friday, I watched the power outage map. It got worse over the day as it warmed up a degree or two. 



Saturday morning... that's a whole other story. 

16 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Uh oh . . . Saturday . . .

Tom said...

...snow can be beautiful and destructive.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
At least the one thing to be said for snow is that is pretty - has to be at least one advantage, right?! YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Wet heavy snow is difficult. I sit here and imagine what it must be like to move all that snow around, or to just work out there in the cold. It's 27 outside here, but for once bright sun is shining. I'll sit at the window and hope to catch some Vit. D.

Elephant's Child said...

Oh those outages...
I am impressed (again) at all you got done. And grateful for the beauty you share.

Linda said...

We had some broken branches due to the heavy wet snow, Nature's way of trimming. We just did the final cut and hauled it away. We'll see how they grown in spring.

Phil Slade said...

You're so hardy and brave. I could not cope with such weather for more than a day or two of photos. Stay warm. And safe.

Christine said...

Beautiful except for power outages

RedPat said...

You did a fine job clearing the driveway and helping the trees.

Kay said...

Oh wow! That IS a lot of snow. Please be careful shoveling and walking in the snow.

Jeanie said...

It's dazzling! Those heavy knows are hard to deal with but no one can deny they are anything but beautiful!

Red said...

I must have missed something about Crumbly Acres?

Jenn Jilks said...

You did miss it, Red! Crumbly Acres!

William Kendall said...

It was a considerable storm.

Divers and Sundry said...

All that snow makes for lovely scenic photos, but the power outages are scary :(

Lowcarb team member said...

Snow looks lovely in photographs.
You can do without power outages though!

I like the name 'Crumbly Acres' :)

All the best Jan