Friday 9 December 2022

Happy Sweet 16!

 I cannot believe where the time goes! However, Josephine is 15 years old today. I texted Caitlin and told her to expect a delivery for Jos' 16th, but she patiently explained she is only 15. This is going to be the funniest thing I've done all year! 😉 Don't tell the kids! 

In my defense, I think, as her birthday approached I flipped her age to 15. Then just flipped it, again!

This is a screen capture of what I chose to send. We'll see if it matches what she gets. We'll do her birthday later. 

We have sniffles going about, so we won't see them this weekend. We really got to know our Ottawa grandies during the pandemic. They spent 35 weeks with us, on and off. It was such a blessing. Jess and his Vancouver family visited in July, and that was terrific.

In December 2007, I recall Caitlin phoning saying she was going into labour. We packed up, and began the drive from Muskoka to Ottawa. It is about a 4 1/2 hour drive. By the time we arrived, the trio were home from the hospital, and all was well. She was and is a wonderful mother. I am so happy she had midwives for the delivery. (Isabelle was born at home!) 




In 2009, we visited and I was proud of Josee baby, and my other new baby, the book I wrote about caring for my ailing parents.

This is one of my favourite videos! "What does your belly button say?"  "BEEP!"

   

 This is more timely, we visited at Christmas, but were living in Muskoka at the time.

 


She has grown into a smart, lovely young lady. Her Gr. 10 report card was great. We are so proud of them all, our 4 granddaughters! 




17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday to Josephine!

Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Lovely record, Jenn - will Caitlin take over the blog and keep it for family posterity to pass on to the girls? I think that is one of the advantages of this writing and photographing hobby! YAM xx

Tom said...

...Happy Birthday young lady.

Anvilcloud said...

happy 15th and congrats to all.

Jeanie said...

What charming photos! And what a lovely young woman she has become. Happy Birthday to Josephine!

Elephant's Child said...

Your pride and happiness is so very evident. And totally understandable.

Barbara Rogers said...

A great family album here...no matter how many years! At her age she'd really wish to have the extra one. At my age, please take it off!

RedPat said...

Happy Birthday to her!

Cloudia said...

BLESSINGS!

William Kendall said...

Time does fly.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Josephine!

Red said...

Time goes by very quickly when kids are growing up.

Kay said...

You are so very blessed, Jenn. Four granddaughters! I have only one and am envious of you. I forget the ages of my grandkids all the time and I only have three.

River said...

I'm a little confused, someone born in 2008 is only 14 this year, so is that Josephine or did you mean another grandchild?

Olga said...

A beautiful walk down memory lane. She is at the age where she probably doesn't mind leaping ahead a year -- as long as she can get it back at 30!

DeniseinVA said...

Sweet videos and great photos! Happy Birthday Josephine!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated birthday to Josephine. It was nice to see her age over the years in photos.