Thursday 15 December 2022

Walkies on Crumbly Acres!

Tuesday was a chilly morn. Both Cinnamon and Nutmeg went out for their morning pee, but didn't quite manage it, as far as I can tell. They only lasted about 10 minutes. I felt sorry for the big boy. 

We've a massive storm *still* on the way. They are warning of freezing rain, as it should be above 0 as it moves in. We will hunker down. They warn us to expect 15 -25 cm. I bought more gas for the snowblower, gassed up the car, after JB got some groceries. He is pacing himself.


Red sky in the morning, a sailor's warning...

⚽ Soccer has been fun to watch from the comfort of the arm chair. This was a goal! Amazing athletes in this sport. 


At half time, after Argentina was up quite a bit, I decided to take Cinnamon for walkies. We hadn't been out together for a bit of time since the cold weather came. Here he is, sniffing madly.

Remember this paw print for later! A big, healthy coyotes. I could see them all over. I grabbed the SD Card, and ran up to the house with baited breath.

Not so baited, as I had to keep calling Cinnamon. He decided to hang out at the tree. I spotted him later on top of the fence in the backyard – happily sitting there in the sun looking for mice friends. He has little interest in the bird feeders.  

The gift that keeps on giving! There were four mourning doves all sitting around staring at one another, as it they were having a meeting. You'll just have to imagine it. This is the chair of the meeting, and she thought she should remain.


VIDEOS

Off we went. I wanted to take a pumpkin down to the frogpond trailcam. Cinnamon came with me. 


walkies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Remember the coyote tracks? Here it is. 

 

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We'll see you on the other side of this storm. Maybe I should prepare a blogpost just in case?! 

18 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It’s the ice part that could be bad. Let’s all get through it.

William Kendall said...

Tonight should be interesting!

Olga said...

Stay safe and cozy!

RedPat said...

We just have rain so far here at 9:30 am. I'm not looking forward to all the snow if it comes. Cinnamon certainly likes those walks with you.

Divers and Sundry said...

Brrr!!! I've been enjoying the World Cup, too, inside in the dry and warm.

I haven't seen many coyotes in real life, but they're always bigger than I expect.

Tom said...

...so Crumbly Acres it is?

eileeninmd said...

Burr, I am not a fan of walks in the cold weather.
Your kitties must like the cold snow on their little paws.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Gaelyn said...

I love how Cinnamon goes for walks with you. But WOW, she could be in trouble with a coyote that size.

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope you endure the storm, and come out the other side with happy shots of new snow, and critters!

Elephant's Child said...

Great videos.
I do hope the storm does you no damage.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well, Gaelyn, we live in an area where many people hunt. Farmers are able to shoot coyotes that harass farm animals. There is a lot of hunting, as well. The coyotes usually only visit in the dark. I've only seen one twice in the daytime in 12 years here! They are very aware of the danger of humans!

Nancy J said...

Your trailcam says 15C, but you are so rugged up, must be a lot colder. Heavy pumpkin, hope whoever finds it appreciates the fuss you went to to move it down there.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great videos.
Stay safe and warm ...

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

So good to connect. I usually have trouble opening your posts, let alone leave a comment. Take care. The storm didn't amount to much here.

Red said...

We will be getting a dreadfully cold spell starting Saturday.

River said...

Batten down the hatches and stay safe.

Patio Postcards said...

Hope everyone was safe from the storm. I like your photo of the Mourning Dove, we called them the ladies in sweaters as they always look like little old ladies gathering :)

In spite of our power outage on the weekend of 7 hours, 45 minutes, to upgrade the hydro system, we experience several mini on/off power outages during the storm last evening. Lots of ice under that storm; there'll be no walkies for me today!!

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos and videos! It was nice seeing you and Cinnamon in the video.