Saturday 30 September 2017

The beach, Junior Bear, deer

We took another trip to the beach. This time to Prince Edward County. Until I sort photos, here is a video of the beach. It was relaxing.

the beach from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

In the meantime, while we were away, Junior Bear decided to trash my trailcam! It was on a tree, about 4' up. Screwed in, on a very strong mechanism. He bent it, it was on right angles. Then, ripped the box off the backing. I put it in his forest, it's my own fault!


These photos are of Junior Bear in the spring. I think he's grown some. He hasn't come up to the house recently. he's been a good boy, otherwise!


This is the evidence of his action. You can see him in the video!
What he left me with were 301 videos of the tops of the trees. I had to replace the batteries, and use a strap, as he broke the handy post. Well, bent it... We'll see if he messes with it in the new spot!
 
Bear Sept. 27 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Then, prior to the bear violence, the deer were grazing...  It look like mom and fawn, the spots are fading. 
Deer Sept. 24 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I would love to see the bears. They are cot critters along with the pretty deer. You have some great sightings there. The videos are great. I am trying to fix the linky with the white typing, my new theme is not showing the linky gadget.

Thank you so much for sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Debbie said...

the beach = home for me!! i enjoyed the videos and seeing the baby doe!!

A Colorful World said...

Great photos! Glad Junior Bear is staying away! :-)

Olga said...

Did that bear think there was food hidden in the camera or is he just protective of his privacy?

William Kendall said...

The bear was just being curious and got a bit carried away!

Nancy J said...

The bears are so attracted to trail cams. I think you can buy a bear-tamper-proof outer box that is so strong and tampering does not damage the trail cam. That is what we would so " Very close up videos"!!! Love the deer, I cannot imagine living there with your wild life so close.

carol l mckenna said...

Oooh awesome post and videos and love the photos of the bear ~ ^_^

(A ShutterBug Explores)

Red said...

Weird as to why he would tear the camera apart.

Jenn Jilks said...

He just ripped it off the tree, Red! Curious, or it smelled like a human, who has food, or he didn't like it flashing in the night when he passes, or making noise the day?