Friday 12 June 2009

Skywatch Friday #48



We have had days of rain, despite a beautifully clear sky today. Soft, gentle rains that bore down on our 4 young goslings backs.

Eva, the mom, ever vigilant despite rainshowers turning to 'cats & dogs', took a turn to munch! She eyed the skies as the crow flew over.

The water is very low in this small lake. The loons continually search for food on the fins.


The clouds paint a picture I wish I were skilled enough to capture without technology!

"No man is an island."
But what a beautiful place to try to be one! The soft, gray sky shared more life-renewing moisture and nourished the plants, trees and seedlings. Spring unfolds as it should. My late aunt would have called this a "soft, gray day."

CLick on the Skywatch badge to visit more virtual skies.

11 comments:

srp said...

I love "soft gray days", especially if they bring cool weather. Here ours are now associated with steam off the roads and houses and a deep muggy feeling after the rain passes.... summer in the south.

Maria said...

I do love your "soft gray day"! What a peaceful atmosphere! I'd love to be on that island, too!
Your goslings are cute :))

Susan at Stony River said...

I love your photos. I haven't seen (nor heard) loons for years.

How I would LOVE to live on such an island! What a lovely spot.

Happy skywatching!

April said...

Beautiful pictures from the Muskoka area! The gray clouds are very pretty.

Carver said...

I love those soft gray days. Beautiful!

Pearl Maple said...

Lovely collection of photos for Sky Watch Friday, the cottage on the lake is charming, would love to spend a season tucked away in there.

Your nature photos are just delightful, Onatrio is one of my favorite places and you do know how to show off the best of the region.

Jenn Jilks said...

Thank you fo much, Pearl! It keeps me off the streets to lug my camera around...won't say it keeps me out of trouble, though. :-Q

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Neat capture at this beautiful lake, I love the Loons and their call. It is so haunting.
Thanks for the visit and comments. We were going the same direction this week.

George said...

I really like your wonderful sky pictures. Even if the skies are dull, the scenery is still beautiful. The island looks as if it would be a nice place for a cottage.

aino said...

So much beauty in there. Lovely pictures.

Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful skies, i can hear the loons too...