Wednesday 10 June 2009

Tourists are coming!

Stop! Do you know what is happening this weekend?

There is a lot going on to foreshadow summer in this shoulder season.

It is time to spruce up the streets.

Time to plant the planters.
I spotted this woman cleverly using a bag of potting soil as a knee pad. She looked so happy. With a beautiful smile, she helped me welcome spring.






That said, things look lovely in Muskoka.










This well-organized woman was prepared to put these beautiful begonias in her window box.

At Oliver's across the street in Bracebridge, the planters are filled with smiling pansies.







I wrote a poem (hakuiesque, to quote a fellow poet) to go with the poem.











Next weekend is the Muskoka Lakes Spring Tour.

I can't wait to see how things will look.

4 comments:

Grizz………… said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. You do know you have to photograph and write and share it all here on your blog…right?

Elisabeth's bright side said...

Great shots, have a great weekend with many pictures!

An Unconventional Mummy said...

I used to live in a tourist town where the local
sh#%t disturber had t-shirts for sale with the following apt phrase on the front,

If it's tourist season,why can't we shoot them ?

Enjoy the season!

Jenn Jilks said...

It is bit crude for me! As I used to tell my students, you can think that I'm a with with a "B", but you can't call me one.

You have to teach them how to treat you...
Those renting out cottages really have to explain Cottage Country values and manners. Those living here don't want you shooting fireworks off 5 days in a row!