Let's begin with the fun stuff: fungi!
Barry Beaver
This is a screen shot from a video earlier in the summer. He does exist!
I have evidence of Barry Beaver. I don't know how, but he wasn't on the trailcam right in front of these branches. He chewed them, obviously, but just no Barry.
The duckweed and frog bit is disturbed. The wetland is lush and green. It is a beautiful place to be. Not exactly Forest Bathing (it's a thing) and I shall have to think of another phrase for it! Wetland Wanders?
I thought the new school year would bring some peace and quiet! Not so. Gun fire.
Then, we had a Sikorsky helicopter go over. You can lease them, apparently. Who knew? It was at 400.9m (1325'), and too low for my peace of mind.
Have a great week.






10 comments:
The brilliant green of duckweed is on our ponds, too. If we get a little rain the mushrooms will explode! I've noticed a few of them in our lawn.
Great fungi! I need to take pix of our fungi before we leave today. There isn't a lot yet but I noticed it has started to kick in.
We live under the flyway between Trenton AFB and Garrison Petawawa. Low flying aircraft are a daily occurance here. Sometimes the helicopters seem to barely miss the tall pines on the top of our hill! The night flights are the ones that catch us by surprise.
I am remembering the 1000 islands helicopter ride from last year. Pretty cool.
I'm glad the Barry is still around.
Duck week is on our lakes too. So hard to get rid of. I love how there are so many different shapes and sized of the fungi. We don't normally see any colored ones around here ..Only white ones. Barry is looking healthy..
Glad to see Barry, and the results of his labors. Frequently after sunset I see a helicopter go low around the town then land somewhere near the river here... and later take off again in the night. I have also seen a drone outside my 4th floor window after I turned the light out...wouldn't have any idea it had been there otherwise...it was covered with green lights. Hunting season starts this time of year here too. I'm glad to see your wetland shots, to remind me nature is still just plugging along!
We've heard gunshots around here too, so it's time to wear something bright red when out walking. -Kate
What a fun toenail polish!
Many people miss the beauty of fungi including me.
Post a Comment