Saturday, 12 September 2026

Air Traffic

We get a lot of air traffic ๐Ÿ“น. Not as much as some, but I watch while outdoors. I can hear them coming.

Sikorsky UH-60A Black Hawk Saturday, September 12th, 9:00 a.m.


You can lease them! We know the RCMP has been doing this on the border out west. Little did I know that they were here! Yes, 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning. 

Right over our house, just west of Smiths Falls. 
Flying at 403.9 m (1325')

we had a Sikorsky helicopter go over. You can lease them, apparently. Who knew?

  





An article in the TorStar questioning the legality of them licenced in Canada. 

Here's one of the local Black Hawks flying around Ottawa earlier this year:  

   






๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿš 

I was sitting on the back deck (those days are numbered), and spotted this:

Some research led to an ID: ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ RCAF TIGR613.  



4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a rather scary thought, if you ask me.

Christine said...

Lots of air traffic is an understatement.

Jeanie said...

You guys have the most interesting life!

DeniseinVA said...

It’s all very interesting. Our skies get busy too. We are only half an hour from the main airport.