Thursday, 17 September 2026

Trip to Carleton Place

 We went into Carleton Place (CP). Remember my root canal?  It has healed, no more infection. It was time to go back to get fitted for a permanent crown. Out we went through Perth. A sunny day, with a few clouds.

Next, Franktown, a lovely town. This is a tricky intersection, Highway #15 and Perth Rd. We drive from the lower left, Perth Rd. #10, and try to turn left here. The traffic is usually awful. Too fast, too impatient, aggressive drivers. There have been demands for a traffic light.


Someone was driving with a passenger, both fell asleep, and the car crashed into the house at 4 a.m.
This is from Google Maps:


From Facebook:


There is a major development being put in here. CP is a bedroom community for some workers who drive into Ottawa.


I wonder what is being built here? 

The planters look lovely. They have some time left. The flowers are at their peak.

After an hour and 20 minutes we were done. My dentist used a digital scanner, instead of taking an imprint. This is from the internet. 


At home, we had critters in the night! I am fascinated with them. They know humans are a danger. Then, there is the coyote.

11 comments:

RedPat said...

It is good that the tooth is nearing the end of procedures.

KarenW said...

We have a coyote walking up the road toward my neighbours house every night. I warned him so he could keep his little dogs in after dark. I haven't seen the fox for a bit. I hope he is okay. I sort of nursed him to good health from early spring.

Red said...

It's nice to see critters everyday.

tz_garden said...

I hope the digital scan worked perfectly, is the new crown in?

Jeanie said...

Good news you can move forward on the crown. Yikes. Crashing into any house would be back -- but a stone one? Yow!

Barbara said...

Wow, that’s quite the accident. I hope no one was hurt!

Mary Kirkland said...

It's horrible about the crash. I tell my daughter whenever she's in a car to be very watchful because you just never know what others are going to do.

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful fox shot, when it turned full color! Wow that crash must have been pretty bad for everyone, and the house!

MARY G said...

The whole tooth thing is so much easier. My dentist makes the crowns and implants from a scan as well.
What do you bet the intersection gets a roundabout. It might help. But (always a but, eh?) I am not sure I am ever going to be easy with them. Too old and set in my traffic light ways.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
anything in dentistry that takes away the need for discomforting techniques has to be applauded! I've often wondered about some homes I see here in the UK, where the road is literally on the door step... and just how they cope with traffic... YAM xzx

Anvilcloud said...

The hanging flower baskets are really wonderful.