Monday, 21 September 2026

Black Squirrels, Bullfrogs, Goldfish

 We are officially in Autumn, meteorological fall. The autumnal fall is officially Sept. 22. Close enough! 


The light levels are interesting.


We've two black squirrels now. They were arguing over food. We released three in June. Crumbly Acres Squirrel Release!

They wasted time fighting! I imagine this is two of the three we released. They are more bold than #75 was.

The Rose of Sharon is in bloom.


We have two ponds. The goldfish pond I hand dug. And the vernal frog pond. 

The news is the fishies are in from the goldfish pond. First job was to move the two bullfrogs to the frog pond. They were quite happy to jump in. I spotted a painted turtle a few days ago. It is a great pond. 



LEMME OUTTA HERE!


He is a big one!

The frog pond is quite full this year, with all our summer rain. In August we had 141 mm. In September, we're only up to 25 mm. I did water the front garden, with my new plants.

My second task was to drain the goldfish pond. Cinnamon helped. 


I spent some time digging out the sapling, as I found that one wall has collapsed. Cinnamon christened the hole for me. I chased him off. 


I'm not sure what I'll do. I'd like to fix it, but need to figure out a plan.

Once I got the water level down this far, it took time to get the fish out. The more you fish for them, the wilier they get.
 

That task is done!

No comments: